migraines

I was diagnosed with migraines when I was in third grade. About three or four times a month, I'll get a splitting headache that causes me to basically shut down. My head is throbbing with pain all over, I can't look at light, I have to be in darkness and quiet. I can't smell anything to strong because it'll make the headache 10 times worse then it already is. Sound hurts, light hurts, smell hurts, the only thing that seems to help is my medication and sleep.

It just sucked that I had to get one tonight, out of all nights. I had to stay over at Peter's, my best friend and boyfriend, house, because my parents and his aunt had gone away on a weekend trip to the shore.

The headache started off small and I drank some coke and it went away, and then it came back, even worse then before. I got up to take my medicine, before trailing into Peter's room to try and sleep. Peter was currently out on patrol.

Tonight, of course, has to be the night where the pain was unbearable. All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep but it seemed like I couldn't even do that. Tears filled my eyes as I just wanted the pain of it all to go away.

I heard the door click open and the bed did, and hand being pressed to my back.

"Y/N?" Peter asked, causing me to roll over.

He looked down at me, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You have a migraine don't you?"

I nodded and he sighed, sitting down back pressed against the head board.

"Just try to sleep, okay?" He whispered.

I nodded and laid down, resting my head on his lap. His hand went up my shirt, fingers gently rubbing it and tracing soft shapes as he remained quiet to help me sleep.

His other hand eventually found its way to my head, gently running his fingers through my hair and rubbing my head gently.

I felt myself dozing off before darkness consumed me and the pain went away.

Finally.

I woke up, yawning and saw Peter staring down at me.

"Feel better?"

I nodded and smiled, sitting up and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks Pete," I smiled.

He chuckled, kissing my forehead softly.

"Mmhm, now how about we make some dinner and watch some Christmas movies?"

"I like the sound of that,"