nightmare: re-write

I decided that I might rewrite a couple of the chapters I've written so far, starting with 'nightmare'. I want to leave the originals up for reference. Let me know what imagines you guys want to see rewritten, and I promise I'll try to rewrite them!!

Anyways, onto the imagine.

I woke up to the sound of someone whining.

I crawled out of bed, putting my glasses on and walked out of my room and walked to where the sound was coming from.

I stopped when it sounded like it was in front of me and I realized I was in front of Peter's room.

I sighed, knowing that this was Peter's 5th nightmare this week. And every night I would wake him up, soothing him back to sleep before softly leaving to sleep back in my room.

I hope tonight wasn't the day when that all changed.

I opened the door slowly, softly shutting it to make sure no one else would wake up.

Peter's whines has now turned into cries.

"Please don't hurt her," he cried, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Peter," I whispered, gently shaking him.

"Please don't, I love her," his cries for louder and I pleaded for him to wake up.

"Come on, Peter, wake up," I said, getting louder.

"Y/N! NO!" He yelled out, shooting up. Tears streamed down his face.

"No," he cried.

"Peter?" I asked. No reply.

"Peter!"

"Y-Y/N," he cried.

I called onto the bed with him, leaning against the headboard. He wrapped his arms around my torso and cried into my chest.

"Shhh, Pete," I whispered, running my hands through his hair.

"I-I had a dream t-that y-you died," he hiccuped.

"I know Pete, I know," I said.

"A-and you can't die, Y/N," he cried.

"Please,"

"I'm not going anywhere, Pete,"

"Please don't," he squeezed me tighter.

My heart broke, I hated seeing Peter like this. He didn't deserve to think to these things, have dreams his family and it friends are going to die and/or leave him.

I continued to run my hands through his hair, trying to calm him down.

His tears slowed, and he finally lifted his head off of my chest, looking up at me, eyes red and puffy and tears staining chris cheeks, which were a little red.

"Promise?" He sniffed. I held his head in my hands, running my thumbs over his cheek.

"I promise, Peter," I whispered.

A smile spread across his face.

"Thank you," he whispered, pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

I smiled into the kiss. He pulled away and pressed his forehead to mine.

"I love you, Pete," I whispered.

"I love you too," he whispered back.