didn't

I just my locker, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"Hey," Peter said, grabbing my waist.

"AH!" I let out out a scream.

"Jesus, Pete, you have to stop doing that," I said.

"Sorry, Y/N," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, walking back to our apartment building.

"Are we still on for tonight?" He asked.

"Star Wars and pizza? Of course!" I smiled.

"Race you there," he said, facing me.

"That's not fair, Pete. You have a Stark Internship, and he probably gave some amazingly cool superpowers,"

He chuckled.

"True,"

We reached it.

"See you tonight Pete! Don't forget the bags of chips!" I yelled out as I entered our building.

I heard him chuckle as he walked off, knowing he was off to do some stuff for his internship.

I set up my living room like I usually did: blankets and pillows set up everywhere, bowls set out for the chips Peter was brining. I set up the movies in order; the only thing missing was Peter.

I knew he was going to be late, not coming until around 8:00.

The clock hit 8:00 and Peter still wasn't here.

8:30, still no sign of him.

9:00; he still wasn't there.

9:30. nope.

10. not even a text.

At 10:30 I started to put some bowls away, thinking maybe we weren't going to eat that much food. I still hoped he would come.

At 11:00 I gave up, putting everything away. I climbed up my fire escape and sat up on the roof, my legs swinging over the ledge.

The wind blew softly and I felt the breeze run through my hair, causing it to stick to my face.

"Y-Y/N?" I heard a voice ask. Peter.

I didn't care to look at him.

"What, Peter?" I said, pissed off. I didn't care to look at him as I climbed down my fire escape, crawling into my apartment. I was in the kitchen when I heard him come in.

"I-I-I'm sorry," he sniffed, as if he was crying.

"It's 11:30, Peter! You were supposed to meet me over 3 hours ago!" I said.

"I-I know, I-I just-" I heard another sniff come out of his mouth.

"Just what, Peter? You ditched our movie night! I set up a pillow fort and blankets and got so excited! And you never showed up! I waited and waited and waited and you never came," I snapped.

"I-I know- I-" he struggled to get the words out and I huffed.

I turned my head a bit, stopping in my tracks just so I could see him a little bit. He was shirtless and in a pair of blue checkered pajama pants. His hair was disheveled and his tears were glossy, his face read hurt.

I turned around, fully facing him. My horrible mood disappearing when I saw his state.

"Pete," I said, my voice soft, walking towards him.

"What happened?"

"I-I lost it," he sniffed.

"I lost the Stark Internship,"

"Peter," I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face into his neck.

"I-I fucked up, I fucked up really bad and I watched him t-take everything away from me," he said, sitting down on my couch.

"What happened?"

He looked st me.

"I tried to save the people on the ferry. I tried so hard but I couldn't save everyone and Tony came and had to fix everything and he took the suit away from me. I lost everything tonight," he cried.

"Peter," I said, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"You did not lose everything tonight,"

"Yeah well I lost the suit, I lost the internship and most importantly I lost the girl I loved. I lost you," his voice cracking at 'I lost you". He ripped my hand off of his shoulder and looked down.

I lifted his chin up with my hand, moving closer to him, and held his face in my hands.

"You don't need Tony's suit to tell you your a superhero, Peter. You don't need it, you hear me? You have the powers of a spider, you don't need some fancy Stark suit to tell you that," I said.

"But I lost the internship I lost everything I cared about,"

"I promise you, Peter, you did not lose me," I whispered, looking up at him.

"Yes I did! I ditched you for the I don't even know how many times I've done it! I would hate me right about now. I wouldn't talk to myself right now. I-I can't-" he sniffed.

I bent forward and kissed his cheek, causing im to stop.

"You didn't lose me tonight," I said.

He nodded, and the tears on his face slowed.

I wiped them off.

"I love you, Peter Parker," I said. "And I promise you, I don't like losing the things I love, okay?"

I felt a pair of soft, warm lips on my own. Realizing Peter was kissing me, I kissed back almost immediately. The butterflies erupted inside of my stomach and it was like how I pictured kissing him. Perfect.

When we pulled away I smiled and he pressed his forehead to mine. My cheeks flushed a pinky red color.

"I love you more, Y/N Y/L/N," he whispered, causing my heart to flutter. I kissed him softly again and he pulled away.

"Why don't we watch Star Wars, and have that movie night?" I asked.

"I got the chips," he said, standing up and getting the bags of chips.

"And I have the blankets " I smiled, grabbing the blankets.

And the rest of the night was full of kisses, chips, and reciting Star Wars quotes.