start of something new

I walked down the streets of Queens, not really paying attention to anything except the oath I was taking to get home.

Arms crossed over my chest, I focused on the path ahead of me.

I was about to cross the street when I heard a gunshot. I turned around and saw people running towards me, gun pointed to me. Another bullet went off and it graded my arm, causing me to scream.

"HOLD ON!" A voice yelled, and I turned to my side to see a blur of red and blue, an arm wrapping around me.

I refused to look to see the hero who saved me. I knew I needed to thank him, but I didn't want to see who the masked person was.

He landed in the top of a building, placing me down on the ground.

"Are you okay?" The voice asked. The hero couldn't be much older then me.

I looked up, eye to eye with Spider-Man.

His hand rested on my shoulder, his masked eyes looking at me.

"Y-Yeah, I'll be fine," I said, holding my arm. I took my hand off to reveal blood.

"Y-you're bleeding, let me check that out," he said.

"I'll be fine," I said.

He shook his head.

"Please," he asked.

I sighed and nodded, sitting on the ground.

He looked at the wound through my sweater, and looked at me.

He stood up, walking to get a first aid kit, before squatting down next to me.

He opened it.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, pulling my sleeve up. I let out a groan of pain and started to clean the would out, my natural reflex was for my arm to reach up, hand gripping his shoulder.

He stopped for a second, before letting my arm fall.

His hands reached up, fingers curling around the bottom of his mask and he pulled it off, a mop of brown curls falling around his face, and a pair of beautiful chocolate brown eyes staring back at me.

"P-put your mask back on! I'm not going to let Spider-Man reveal his identity because some girl got hurt," I said, trying to stand up.

"Oh no, no, your sitting right there until I'm done," he said.

I groaned.

"Fine," 

He smiled at me before starting the clean the cut out again, my hand back to its position.

It burned and I felt the tears swell up in my eyes.

"Hey hey hey, look at me," he whispered.

I looked up into his eyes.

"Good, now just keep looking at my face," he said.

I nodded.

"I'm Peter," he said, grabbing more things to help my wound.

"Y/N," I smiled.

"Tell me about yourself, Y/n,"

"Well, I'm 18 and starting at NYU," I said. "I just moved here,"

"No way! I go to NYU!" He smiled.

"Really? I'm just starting there on Monday," I started.

And as he continued to clean my wound our And dress it; we talked and became close.

Even when he was done, we confused to talk for what seemed like hours. I checked the time.

"I have to go, Peter, thank you so much,"

He pulled his mask on and grabbed me by my waist, 'flying' to my apartment.

I smiled when he landed on the fire escape.

"Thanks Peter," I smiled, leaning up to my tippy toes to press my lips to his cheek through his mask.

He lifted the mask just enough to show his lips and he smiled, kissing my forehead gently.

"If you need anything, text me, okay?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Oh and one more thing," I said, turning around to face him.

I pulled his mask off, hands wrapping around his neck and pressed my lips to his.

This kiss was sweet and gentle and his lips tasted like peppermint.

I pulled away, smiling at the fact his face was bright red.

"Goodnight Peter," I said, crawling into my apartment.

"G-Goodnight," I turned around just in time for him to pull his mask on and shoot a web, flying away.

I stuck my head out the window.

"HAVE FUN OUT THERE, SPIDER BOY!"
I yelled.

"IT'S SPIDER-MAN!" He yelled back.

I smiled to myself, turning back to my apartment.

And I knew that this was going to be the start of something new.