mistletoe

"Last Christmas, I have you my heart, but the very next day you have it away," I softly sung along to the popular Christmas tune, applying the lipstick I was going to wear to our work party tonight.

"Y/N are you ready?" He called out. I shut the lipstick and walked out.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Let's go,"

A limo picked us up and we climbed into the car, Peter rambling on about how amazing our recent save was.

When we got there, we were greeted with the Avengers.

"Y/N you look so pretty!" Natasha smiled.

"Thanks Nat!"

The party went on for a couple of hours and I couldn't help but smile.

At one point, a slow song played and everyone was dancing except Peter and I.

"Pete?"

"Mmhm?"

"Dance with me?"

"Of course,"

I smiled as he stood up, holding his hand out for me which I gladly took. We walked to where everyone was dancing and Peter took one hand in mine and wrapped the other around my waist. As we softly swayed to various slow-er Christmas songs, we moved around the area a little bit. I moved close to Peter, resting my head on his chest.

The music and the laughs and giggles from the people surrounding us died slowly, but I didn't mind. Dancing with Peter was nice and I wanted to hold onto this moment forever.

"Y/N?"

"Hmmm?"

"Thank you,"

"Thank you for what?" I asked, looking up at him. He had a huge smile on his face and his brown eyes sparkled.

"Thank you for being my best friend and fixing me when I'm hurt," he said, bending down and pressing a kiss softly to my cheek.

"No problem Pete, I'm happy to help. Thank you for being my best friend, too,"

He smiled and we continued dancing around.

I heard whispers and Peter looked down at me and I shrugged.

"What guys?"

"Look up," Tony pointed up and I saw mistletoe hanging from the ceiling.

"Mistletoe," I smiled, looking at Peter.

He nodded and the next thing I knew we were both leaning in, lips almost touching. Peter finally pressed a sweet, gentle kiss onto my lips, hands pulling me into him by my waist. My arms wrapped around his neck and we continued kissing until we pulled away for air.

His forehead pressed against mine and our noses touched.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too,"

He smiled and kissed me softly again.

"I told you it would work!" Natasha smiled and I laughed.