Chapter One

Thank you for clicking to read my book! This is who I picture to be Avalon. But you can imagine anyone you want! Please make sure if you like this story to hit the little star at the bottom of your screen (or where ever) and leave a comment! Warning: this has not been fully edited. Enjoy!

Before you continue reading any further, you should know that this is not your ordinary love story. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, ride off into a beautiful sunset and live happily ever after, right? Yeah, if that is what you are expecting... Then this is not the story for you. If I am to be completely and utterly honest, this is probably the most messed up, craziest, most cataclysmic love story to ever be told.

You're still here?

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Avalon West.

If you were to look my name up in the dictionary, it would say something like this beside it: "a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious." Or in other words known as 'nerd.'

That's me!

I excel in all scholastic subjects, loved by all the teachers and accused of being the teachers pet by all students. I keep to myself, I have one friend and my biggest fan is my overprotective mom.

Pathetic, I know.

But enough about me, let's get on with the story, shall we?

••••

In a perfect world, I would be able to walk these dreary halls holding my head up high and with confidence. Talking on my phone, laughing with my closest friends, and walking hand in hand with the boy of my dreams, Decland Blake.

Too bad perfect worlds don't exist.

Instead, I get the pleasure of watching my converse clad feet drag down the halls in hopes that I don't trip over myself again this week.

I reached my locker and put in my combination to retrieve my books for first lesson. The hinges on the door creaked as it swung open to reveal my poorly decorated book storage unit.

A round of laughter met my ears as I grabbed my books. I turned my head slightly to see Decland, Brody, Jensen and the Triplets making their infamous walk down the hallway.

The Triplets each hung on one of the boys' arm, smiling and giggling.

Amanda Stonely- the youngest and least influential of the Triplets- was clinging to Jensen Carter, captain of the baseball team. His biceps bulged from under his varsity tee as he flashed Amanda an award winning smile, his green eyes twinkling.

Now, the Triplets may all look the same with luscious brown hair, crystal clear blue eyes and a body to kill for, but their minds were not. Amanda was far from the brightest tool in the shed. She was actually voted the most likely to end up on the back of a milk carton in grade nine. Now we're in grade twelve and not much has changed.

Ana Stonely, however, was a completely different story. She was actually extremely smart, like, my level of smart. In my opinion she is also the nicest of the three. Don't get me wrong, she is still an evil she-devil but she was slightly less evil. Slightly. At this moment, she was sinking her claws into Brody Wells, co-captain of the football team. He laughed at something she said and took his jacket off to place over her shoulders. He ran his hand through his dirty blonde hair and whispered something into her ear, making his blue eyes shine with mischief.

Last and certainly not least by her standards, everyone give a round of 'boos' for, Aria Stonely. The captain, the Commander in Chief, the Leader. She stood front and center, capturing everyone's attention as she strut down the hallway on Decland's arm. If there was anyone in this world- scratch that, universe- I would want to get hit with a bus like Regina George, it would be her. Aria is the bitchiest of her sisters, the most selfish, the most annoying and possibly the worst human being to have ever been created.

She wasn't always that way. Believe it or not, we actually used to be best friends. From grade school to ninth grade Aria, Decland and I were the three musketeers, the three amigos, the-- you get my point.

We were inseparable.

But that summer, everything changed. Aria grew up, started dressing better, developed real boobs and started dating Decland on and off shortly after. Not only had I lost my two best friends, but they started dating! She knew. my feelings and intentionally started dating him, saying, "You're too much of an underdeveloped little girl to date someone of his kind. Go play with your dolls or something." That day, all ties were cut. The three amigos had been reduced to The Lone Ranger.

Now any chance Aria gets, I get humiliated in any way she can along with being her personal entertainment.

Ah, the epitome of High School.

Thankfully, I found a new best friend, my soul sister, Tris McDowell. Her father works for mine at his law firm and when we had them over for dinner one night, we just clicked. She was the Ying to my Yang and now we are going on strong with three years of friendship.

Decland's blue eyes met mine briefly with a smile. He turned around and peeled himself off Aria and began making his way towards me while his girlfriend stared daggers into me.

My eyes widened as I turned around quickly to avoid him. Maybe he isn't coming over here? Maybe he is coming to talk to someone else. Yeah, that's it.

"Hey," his husky voice sounded from behind me. I felt shivers run down my spine at the sound of him.

I closed my eyes tightly and thought, oh great, another reason for your girlfriend to give me hell.

"What?" He asked.

Did I just say that aloud?

"Uh, yes?"

My eyes widened even more as I pursed my lips and spun around to face him. My face was surely glowing cherry red from my embarrassment of saying that aloud.

There he was, in all his gorgeous glory.

His eyebrow was quirked up and he was giving me a look of familiarity. His blue gray eyes bored into mine as he swept his brown mane away from his eyes.

"I-uh, nothing! Um, what's up?" I asked stuttering. Great, now I'm just making a fool of myself.

He gave me a look as if to ask 'are you sure.'

I smiled in response. Yay, now he thinks I am a total freak or loser. Or both.

"Ohhhkay, I actually came over here to talk to you about something."

He actually wants to talk to me about something. Strange.

"Shoot."

He kept eye contact and bit his lip as he mulled over his words carefully.

Finally, he took a deep breath and said three words I thought I would never hear again....

"Sin is back."