Chapter Thirty-Four

Warning: Has not been edited

Sin

Her soft snores told me she was asleep. I grasped her lightly and stood up, carrying her to her bed. I tucked her in as she slept peacefully- oblivious to my racing heart.

I sat on the edge of the bed, just staring at her. Not trying to be like a creep- yet- but she was just too damn beautiful for her own good. Even when she wasn't taking very good care of herself, she was stunning. I could see the dark circles that rounded her eyes and the way her skin was a sickly pale. Her chapped lips looked course and rough- like they would split if she opened her mouth to speak.

My heart ached for this beautiful girl and the shit she was being put through.

                               .•*•.

Soon enough it was Friday- the day of the deal and the day I was getting jumped out.

When you join a gang, if you want to leave, we go through a process of being 'jumped out.' You're blindfolded and out in a ring, all of the members surrounding you. When the leader gives the signal, the members beat the shit out of you for thirty minutes. If you survive, you're a free man. If not- well, dead man walking.

This thought makes my mind drift to Rodriguez.

The only reason he has me in this gang is because I'm damn good at what I do. And he will see how good I am when I avenge Talia. My own revenge is going to be sweet for what he did to Talia. Before I am jumped out, he is being kicked out. I am going to be the first to beat the shit out of him. Everyone now knows of the crime he committed against the woman I love and I will make sure that he gets what he deserves. Afterwards, I will step down and someone else will be appointed as leader.

My father gave me permission to overthrow him and then granted me permission to leave as long as I follow procedure- something about not having favoritism.

But...

It's undeniable- I am his favorite.

I stalked towards the metal door- anxious to finish this day out. After this, I am a free man. I can do as I please without worrying about the consequences. I can finally tell Avalon everything I've been hiding and tell her I'm through with it all.

The door slammed close behind me. I walked into the building to see everyone scurrying around trying to prepare.

Finally, it was time.

The deal went smoothly- well, as smoothly as kidnappings can go.

I had told Tris beforehand of what was going on and she knew her dad was in over his head. She agreed to play along and no harm came to her or her father and we got what we wanted.

We all entered into the hideout and through the back where my jumping out would take place. A big arena was sprawled out before me. Metal columns held up the second floor. The place reeked of blood and sweat, but hey- to each his own.

I stood in the center of my current members, looking at them all and giving a light nod. They all knew the plan.

"So, you want to leave us again, Sin?" Rodriguez asked. His accent was heavy and his voice was laced with disdain. Whether it be of me or that I was leaving- who knows?

"Yes. But first I have business to do," I replied. I kept my face stoic and held my inner thoughts well.

"Business?" he chuckled. "Go ahead then, enlighten me."

I smirked, showing I meant business. I turned and looked at my fellow members- my friends. Justin and Clay were amongst them, looking at me with confident eyes. If anything backfired, they were prepared to stick by me the whole way.

"It has come to my attention that several members no longer deem you a fit Leader," I spoke loudly.

Rodriguez scoffed, "That's preposterous."

"Not so much as you would think," I said turning towards him. The smirk was already on my face and surprise was evident on his as everyone stepped forward behind me.

Their heads were held high and their ground was strong.

I look over both shoulders to see the crowd flocking me, and looked back at the man who destroyed the only hope I ever had until now.

"Looks like its unanimous. You've been dethroned," I smirk. I nodded my head in his direction as a few members tackled him and dragged him down to the cellars. He kicked and screamed and threatened.

His eyes met mine in a fiery haze.

"This isn't over," he mouthed.

The door slammed shut being him as my members smiled triumphantly.

"Now, as your new leader, I graciously step down," whispers of worry filled the room, echoing off the walls.

"Don't worry, you will have a new leader but it won't be me. I'm sorry to disappoint, but my life is not at a place I want it to be. For me to get where I want to be, it's for the best that I leave," everyone nodded solemnly as I blindfolded myself and stood still.

Every kick and punch was forced and didn't pack much. They didn't want to do this, but it was the rules- to maintain the order.

Every bruise and broken rib and cut will be worth it- I'll finally get what I deserve.

Avalon, I'm coming for you Princess.

Okay, so this chapter is not what I wanted it to be. It's just.... Bleh. I want to cringe at it so bad. Sorry if it is crappy and all. It plays off better in my mind than on the paper.

In other news, we woke up to tragic news. There was a mass shooting in Las Vegas at a Jason Aldean concert. Over 50 were killed and over 200 were injured. A 64 year old man got a room at a hotel and shot concert goers from above. He was thankfully shot down by police before he could do anymore harm. I will never be able to understand what could go through a persons mind to be able to commit such a brutal and unorthodox act. Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers (if you pray). I cannot imagine the hurt these families and friends are going through. This world is falling down around us and the only thing we can do is sit by and watch helplessly as our loved ones fall mercy to such cruel tactics of inhuman practices.

#PrayersForLasVegas #ThoughtsForVegas

Dont forget to

C
O
M
M
E
N
T

A
N
D

V
O
T
E

Brittney 💜