Chapter Forty-Seven

Warning: Has not been edited

Avalon

"What are you talking about?" I asked him cautiously.

He smirked a little and tilted his head upwards; revealing a little amount of his face. He stayed silent before I continued.

"You... You're the creepy guy from that day? On the other side of town when Sin dragged me out and he brought you those duffels," I accused.

His smirk turned into a smile, revealing his crooked and stained yellow teeth.

"Ah, smart girl. Sin has a good one," he said. His tone was anything but friendly and was laced with venom through his scary smile.

My nerves were starting to skyrocket as I took a step forward and he matched it. I could feel the cool brick wall against my legs as I backed further. He stepped forward until he was directly in front of me.

I could smell the scent of cigarettes and alcohol lining his breath as he breathed open mouthed. His dark almost black eyes pierced mine and my heart rate quickened. I could feel it pounding at a dangerous speed.

"Your boyfriend hasn't been entirely honest with you, dearie. That just breaks my little old heart to see such a pretty little girl such as yourself being in the line of fire for a nasty killer," he said. His large calloused hand pushed my hair back and grazed the bare skin on my neck. A chill went down my spine involuntarily as I tried to control my erratic breathing.

"Story time," he backed away from me slightly but still within reach. I watched him carefully, analyzing his movements and waited for him to continue.

"A few years ago, your Sin, got into some things- call it the family business. He was good for the first two years, always doing what he should and what he was ordered- such a good little lap dog. But he got into some things he shouldn't and began questioning his authorities, I.e me," he recalled.

"So a gang? I already had a clue so it's not much of a sur-"

My head whipped to the side as I felt a sting on my cheek. "Hush, insolent little girl. Did no one teach you to hold your tongue while others were speaking?" He questioned. I looked back to his eyes to see them burning holes into me. I held my stinging cheek and looked down as he continued. "Where was I? Ah. Yes. He began to question me, us, his familia. He did some very questionable things to damage us. Started against in spite of us instead of with us. So his father thought it to be best to send him away to a special boarding school. Another segment of our gang was stationed there and would keep a close eye on him as he still worked for us. In the beginning there were no improvements, but as time went on, we could see the change. A good change. Until he met her. The little bitch came along and completely ruined the lad. She had him following her around like a little lost puppy dog and he went AWOL once again. He wanted to leave us and become a better man," He chuckled and took off his fedora. His hand ran through his hair- the little left- quickly.

"Better man? What a joke," he chuckled again humorlessly. "The bitch ruined him, just like you did. He wanted to marry that girl and have a family. Can you believe that? He was willing to give us up for a useless whore."

I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. He lied. There has to be some kind of explanation right? I mean, yeah, every girl wants to be told that they're the first person their significant other had fallen in love with, but why would that be a reason to lie?

"What happened?" I croaked.

A menacing smile made way onto his face.

"I killed her."