Chapter Twenty-Two

Warning: Has not been edited

Decland pressed his lips fully on mine. His lips were soft and smooth, slightly bigger than my own. It was sloppy and rushed- but it was my first legit kiss. I thought butterflies would make my stomach implode and my breath catch- making it difficult to breath. It didn't happen.

It felt... Normal? I guess I was expecting something... Extraordinary.

He slowly pulled away and looked at me through hazed eyes. My lips were still slightly parted and my mind still raced with everything he told me.

I bounded down the stairs and to the front door where the doorbell echoed. Looking through the peephole, I quickly opened the door to see Decland.

"What are you-"

"We need to talk," he interrupted. He walked passed me and to the living room. His expression was anxious and it seemed like he had a lot on his mind.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I reached my hand out and gently placed it on his shoulder.

"I need to tell you something," he said quietly.

"Okay."

"I like you. A lot."

My heart fluttered in my chest. He likes me? My crush actually likes me back? I smile slipped onto my face then fell when I thought of something.

"What's so wrong about that?" I asked cautiously. My heart fell to my stomach as I thought about it. He likes me... But what if he wouldn't be with me because he still has feelings for Aria; deeper, stronger feelings.

He looks at my fallen face and quickly tries to recover.

"I- it's not you, Avalon. I really like you but I don't want you to think I want to be with you as just a rebound. I don't want you to feel as if I'm using you to get over Aria because I really, really like you," He finishes nervously.

The thought had crossed my mind- that I was just a rebound. But hearing him say aloud that I wasn't gave me a little glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, we could be something.

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

He inched closer to me and placed one hand on my arm and the other cupped my cheek. He leaned in closer to my ear and whispered tenderly.

"Really," he pulled back and his eyes darted to the side of me before his lips closed in on my own.

"Avalon West, will you go out with me?" He held my hand between both of his own. "Please."

This is a moment I had dreamt of my whole life. Decland was in front of me and looking at me with such tenderness, it almost made my heart burst with love.

A smile spread to each corner of my face as I nodded my head rapidly. I launched myself at him, wrapping my arms around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist.

"You're now my official girlfriend. Man, this feels good."

I giggled and buried my face in his neck, "It's been less than a minute."

He pulled back and smiled at me, showing a few dimples. "Yeah, but, in all fairness, I've been anxiously waiting to ask you. I realized that I never did love Aria or care for her like I did you. You're special, Avalon."

My cheeks warmed tremendously.

After that, Decland left saying he needed to get home before his mother killed him. He kissed me goodbye and I couldn't help but sigh in content.

.•*•.

I got ready for school this morning and I actually made an effort to look cute. Usually I didn't care, but now, I have a... Boyfriend.

The thought still made me giddy of finally being able to call him that.

Mom didn't come home last night. I would have been worried if the bar hadn't called me and told me she was still there at six o clock this morning.

I curled my hair in loose tendrils and applied very little makeup to match my outfit.

I wore a soft cream colored knit sweater, black leggings and knee high black boots. Satisfied with my appearance I walked outside and began walking to school.

Halfway there, a black car pulled up beside me and rolled down the window.

"Hey girlfriend, do you want a ride?" Decland smiled.

I nodded and walked to the car and hopped in. The warmth from the heat settled around me and warmed my numb hands.

The ride was a comfortable silent.

As we pulled into the parking lot, everyone looked to see who was in Decland's car. He cut off the engine killing the heat with it.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Stay here."

He hopped out of the car and walked to my door. As he opened it, he held his hand out to me, helping me out.

Collective whispers were heard around the parking lot. I knew people would talk, they always do- I just never thought they would be so open and blatant.

Our morning was surrounded by not so silent whispers and rumors flying around.

Our afternoon, however, was a lot worse.

End scene.

Okay, I know this is short and probably horribly put together. We are currently trying to prepare for Hurricane Irma. As of today's update, it has shifted to the west even more and now the eye of the storm is almost directly over my town. The eye is situated about 20 minutes from us in Columbus, GA and is predicted to reach me on Monday night to Tuesday morning. So there's that.

As for updating next week, I probably will not until this storm passes. I can deal with the rain, thunder and lightning but not the wind that comes with it. Wind equals tornadoes and the word alone is almost enough to make me shit myself over it. I get very bad anxiety over things like that and it just freaks me out. And I have a feeling it's going to get bad where I am. You can always tell when a storm is going to hit bad by paying attention to the animals. Yesterday morning, our cat stayed hidden almost all day and he is actually very sociable. On top of that, there has been no birds out and flying around and chirping at all for the past two days. So, yeah.

Everyone who is in the path of this horrible storm, please make sure to take precautions and stay safe! This storm is not something to joke about and it has already taken 20 lives. Don't let yourself be the next victim.

Stay safe everyone!

Comment★Vote★Enjoy