Chapter Eighteen

The doorbell sounded from downstairs. My started to beat with anxiousness in each thud.

As I reached the doorhandle I took a glimpse in the mirror in the hallway, making sure everything was still okay.

When I opened the door Decland had his hand on the doorbell and was about to ring it again until he saw me.

His eyes widened a portion until he covered it up. He cleared his throat.

"You look... Amazing," his voice croaked a little and I tried to stifle a giggle.

"You look great too," I said. I didn't lie. He does look very good in his dark wash jeans and white button down. His black shoes brought the ensemble together perfectly.

He shook his head lightly before meeting my gaze. A smile lit up his face as he held out his elbow for me to take.

"Shall we?" He asked.

"We shall," I laughed.

••••

"You really do look amazing tonight, Avalon," Decland said.

We had just finished a movie and were finally at a restaurant in the center of town. It was elegant, yet casual. The food so far has been delicious and has lived up to Decland's promises.

"Thank you. You clean up pretty decently yourself," I laughed.

He looked at me as he finished eating and smiled softly.

"Avalon," he said tentatively. He looked down at his empty plate before looking at me with sorry eyes. "I really am sorry about everything. With me. Aria. I'm just sorry about all of it. I wished I never stopped talking to you. Aria.. Told me everything." My eyes widened Slightly, but before I could delve more into it, he continued. "She told me about how she bullied you into thinking that I didn't want anything to do with you. About how she turned everyone against you. She told me that she only dated me to make you jealous and make you hate me. I am so Sorry, Avalon. I don't think that words could ever tell you how sorry I am about all of that. "

My eyes rimmed with tears at everything he said- it was all true.

I felt something touch my hand and looked up; his hand was clasped with mine on top of the table.

"I wish there was something- anything- that I could do to make it up to you," he said sincerely.

"No, the apology is enough," I said. I wiped under my eyes, careful not to smear the eyeliner and walk around like a depressed clown. "What happened?"

"With Aria and I?" I nodded. He took a deep breath and sighed. "I caught her cheating with Justin Johnson. Afterwards, she went on a rant about what she did to you when I confronted her about it. She said that she never liked me and it was all for show and to make you jealous; make you hate me. I asked why and she only said that you just weren't good enough for me. Do you know what I think?" I shook my head. "I think that she was jealous of you."

"Me? You think Queen Aria is jealous of me?" I asked with disbelief.

I laughed at the thought of that. Why would she be jealous of me? She has everything. The money. The friends. The designer handbags. Hell, she even had the guy! But she blew it by doing something so distasteful and lowly.

"Don't laugh," he reprimanded. "She has a right to be jealous. You are beautiful, Avalon. You are probably one of the very few girls in school- Hell, even town- that can say everything on you is real. You are an amazing student, amazing singer and you have goals and ambition. Most people at school can't even say they know what they want to do when they grow up. You can. You are so much more than you realize you are, Avalon, and you damn sure have a lot more going for you than half the people in this fucked up town."