Chapter Twenty-Five

Warning: Has not been edited.

Sin

Her frail body went limp in my arms.

I've tried to ignore everything; my feelings, my thoughts, everything. But it was useless. Even with her being with the person she loves, I can't help but want her as mine.

At this very moment is when I realize that I would do anything for this girl.

I look down at her tiny body that reminds me of fine china. Her cheek bones slightly poked out and her clothes fitting a lot more loose than they usually do. It was plain to see that she was malnourished. Her skin had lost its frosty glow and was as cold as ice. Her lips looked rough with cracked skin- on the verge of bleeding is she maneuvered her lips the wrong way.

I can't think of a wrong way they can go.

No. Damn it, this is NOT the time brain.

I picked her up carefully before looking at my father. He nodded his head quickly.

He may be a dick, but he is actually an okay dad to me. Decland on the other hand- not so much. Because I was his biological son, he favored me more than Decland- which I can honestly say is a surprise considering how perfect the golden boy is.

After Talia we didn't get along too well. We always fought and were constantly at each others throats. I had just lost a woman I cared deeply for and he was as emotionless and inconsiderate as I am half of the time. As much as it broke me, I am pretty sure it broke him in the same way- seeing your son almost give up their fight can do that to you. That may be why he was so accepting when I began speaking of Avalon again- taking it more seriously than when I was a mere child.

He has to be heartless to lead the gang but that is just the persona he must uphold- or lose everything he's worked towards.

I was here discussing business and how the meeting with another leader had went until the guys showed up; hence skipping school. He may be a hard ass, but he wants for me to obtain my diploma so I won't have to struggle as he did. He doesn't know yet that I don't plan on going back to school to get a degree.

I carried her out to the car effortlessly. Tris sat up abruptly in the backseat with confusion etched along her face.

I ignored her- my only focus being Avalon. I laid her in the seat- Tris moving her head into her lap and proceeded to the drivers seat. Clay hopped in and took the passenger seat informing me that Justin will ride home with another 'co-worker.'

It took twenty minutes to reach the hospital. Swiftly putting the car into park, I turned it off and rushed to a still unconscious Avalon. I could feel her faint heartbeat through her back- it felt... Off.

As I walked- well, ran- inside, the nurses all took notice of the knocked out girl in my arms.

"What happened?" A busty brunette in blue scrubs asked.

"She just fainted. She hasn't been eating right and it feels like her pulse is off," I stated.

The nurse got a gurney and gestured for me to place Avalon's now chilly body on it. Rebecca, the nurse, took her stethoscope and listened to her heart. She pressed a button on the wall. opening triage doors and began to rush through.

I tried to follow before another voice stopped me.

"Sorry, sir. Only immediate family while tests are being ran," I sighed in defeat and plopped on a chair. Burying my face into my hands, I couldn't help but feel guilty.

If I just would have noticed sooner that something was wrong, maybe we wouldn't be here right now.

                                  .•*•.