Chapter Nine

I'm sorry it took so long to update​ guys! I had the interview for a nursing home and I was so nervous. I go back on Thursday to do my drug test and skin tuberculosis test, yay! (Sarcasm was used during the end of this statement). Otherwise I am so stoked and I should know when the classes start Thursday.

I am trying to get on an update schedule of every other day. That way it gives me time to work on the chapter and its not complete shit lol.

I am still looking for someone to do a cover, so if you are interested then message me or send it to the email provided on my profile. Like I said before, you will be credited for your work and I will give a shout out and also feature them all in their own separate chapter.

My goal for this chapter is 395 reads and 65 votes!

So, let's get it!

Warning: has not been edited

Enjoy!

I could feel Sin's cold stare on the back of my head as we walked towards the door.

Oh God, I am in so much trouble.

After he originally came out of the bathroom, he somehow persuaded his 'boss' into letting home take me home. Yeah, I was happy I'm leaving with my life and out of this disgusting place that reeked of stale cigarettes and mid life crisis'. But I was also confused as to why Sin would associate with these types of people. Sure he had a bad streak, but he wasn't a bad person, right? I think.

He grunted as he slammed the heavy metal door shut, sealing us off from the others.

He gave me a hard glare, climbed into the truck and slammed the door. I slowly walked around and got into the passenger side, awaiting the scolding he was going to give me.

But it didn't come. He stared blankly at the road as he maneuvered through the empty streets.

He can't seriously be mad at me right?

Nooooo.....

We drove in silence for about fifteen minutes before he finally spoke, breaking up my thoughts.

"What the hell were you thinking, Avalon? How did you even get here?"

I cleared my throat. Either way it was going to sound creepy, but here we go...

"You wouldn't even listen to me. I just wanted to explain my side of what happened but you didn't even care. You just stormed out like some crazy, hormonal girl."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair- making sure to keep a tight grip on the steering wheel with his other hand.

"Look, I'm sorry. But that didn't mean you had to follow me like some creep. How did you get here anyways?" he asked.

"I am not a creep!" I exclaimed matter of factly. "I just saw the duffels and I got curious. And I may or may not have stowed away in m the bed of your truck under the tarp." I finished sheepishly.

He was silent for a few moments, pondering over his next words.

"Look, I've been thinking. I don't think this friends thing is gonna work. I like messing with you and everything but I'm not good with friends. Especially ones who're girls. What you did back there, not only is it going to get me in trouble, but it may have just cost you your safety if I do anything wrong."

Wait, what? My safety should have nothing to do with his job, right? It's his job.

What if he doesn't have friends that are girls? He has known and tormented me his whole life and we finally have a chance to have a clean slate. Yet, he isn't wanting to take it.

"That doesn't mean we still can't be friends," I stated. "I'm willing to try if you are, but you have to let me in and maybe I can help."

A small smile appeared on his face causing the rest of his features to light up slightly. He may have been my bully, but he was still handsome when he did smile, no matter how little.

What?! I have eyes you know? Anyone from a fifty mile radius could tell he was handsome. Most just wouldn't admit to it out of fear, me included.

My stomach grumbled loudly, it's mating call for food.

Sin's eyes dart over to me.

"Didn't you just eat?"

"Yeah. At eight, like an hour ago."

"Sweetheart, it's almost one in the morning."

My eyes almost fell out of my sockets. I pulled out my cellphone and checked the time. Sure enough it was five minutes until one. My stomach growled louder this time, taking up all the silence.

He took a sharp right turn and pulled up into a small diner with no other cars five minutes later. Turning off the car he looked and me and asked, "Well, are you hungry or not?"

I quickly unbuckled and hopped out, following him into the diner.

It was designed to look like a diner from the eighties. The floor was tiled black and white. Two walls facing each other were white while the other two were red. A countertop was placed by the register with stools that must have been at least thirty years old. All the booths were designed to look like the rear ends of cars, tail lights and all.

We took a seat in a booth, looking at the menu in awkward silence.

"Hello, I'm Bernice and I'll be your waitress," said a small older lady. she was in a uniform that was probably meant for someone twice as young as her and a pair of four wheeled skates.

I smiled at her politely.

"What can I get for you two, lovebirds?"

"Oh- we're not-" Sin cut me off.

"Can I have a cheeseburger with French fries and a large vanilla shake. And can she have a grilled chicken sandwich with no cheese or pickles, onion rings and a large banana split. Thank you."

She quickly jotted everything down while I sat there in surprise. Taking our menus she rolled around the counter and into the kitchen.

"H-how do you know my order?" I asked.

"I know a lot more about you than you think I do, Avalon," Sin smirked.

"How?" I asked again.

He smiled weakly, "Because, it's usually the most unlikely people that notice the most about you."

"Oh really?" He nodded. "What's my favorite color?"

"You have three. Purple, turquoise and aqua."

"What's my favorite movie?"

"Perks of a Wallflower."

"Favorite subject?"

"Lunch."

"That's not a subject," I said crossing my arms, falling for my trick.

"No, technically it is not, but you classify it as one," he smirked. "Your favorite flavor is strawberry. You have a love-hate relationship with scary movies ever since the bed wetting incident in the third grade. You hate sappy movies. You want to go to Juliard to study music. You can sing, but not in front of people. Your favorite season is Fall, then Winter, then Spring, Summer last because you hate being hot. Did I miss anything?"

My mouth was left slightly ajar realizing that all his answers were correct.

"How do-"

"Like I said," he cut me off again, "I pay a lot more attention to things than most people do."

Our food finally arrived, smelling as delicious as ever. I groaned as the food hit my taste buds, igniting them in a frenzy of happiness.

"Do you do that to everyone?" I asked suddenly.

He shrugged and shook his head. "Nope. Just you."

I tried to hide my blush as he admitted that aloud, failing miserably at doing so.

Just me? Why am I blushing at that? And how did my stomach suddenly become a garden to butterflies coming to life?