Chapter Eight

Thank you guys so much for all the reads and votes! I know it took me a little longer, but here's chapter eight!

Warning: has not been edited.

Enjoy!

I looked at the door that Sin had just walked out of. A pang of anger flashed through my chest and also something else. I wasn't angry at him— but at myself. Sure he had been mean in the past, but I still should not have said those things. People can change and who knows— maybe Sin had. But I've been too selfish and caught up in myself to even give him a real chance. I never tried to contact him once in these past two weeks, so I couldn't put all of the blame on him.

So I did something I never- in a million years- thought that I, Avalon Chance, would do.

I chased after Sin.

I walked through the door and slowly closed it, careful not to make a noise.

The sound of crickets singing met my ears. The moon was up high in the sky, full and bathing everything in a dim fluorescent light. Wind, chilly from the upcoming fall weather, rustled a few leaves and blew my hair in light wisps— leaving behind goosebumps to trail over my exposed skin.

I could make out the silhouette of Sin as he pulled a few duffel bags from behind a tree and threw them into the bed of his old, rusty truck.

What is he doing? Where is he going with all of those bags?

"Sin," I call out.

He stops and looks at me quickly before rolling his eyes.

"What? Go home, Avalon." He grunted.

"What are you doing? Where are you going?"

He stopped and looked at me in the eyes before bluntly saying, "None of your damn business, Princess."

I huffed as he round the corner and grabbed more bags.

I was not thinking clearly when I did what I did next. My mind was scattered in all directions from everything that has happened today. Let's just say curiosity killed the cat.

Slowly and quietly I walked over the the bed of his truck, pulled myself up and his myself under a tarp.

I know what you're thinking... 'This chick is crazy,' 'what the hell are you doing?,'stalker.'

I'm not crazy. I'm not a stalker- well, at least not from my point of view.

I know this in some way is invading his privacy and deep down I know I shouldn't be doing this. But it's also better than staying here with Cruella De Vil and releasing a bunch of rabid Dalmatians on her.

I want to see what Sin is doing, I don't know why, but I do. So, I have to take matters into my own hands.

I stayed quiet as he got in his truck, revved the engine and took off.

He had been driving for at least thirty minutes. Slowly, he came to a stop. The door slammed shut as he reached in the back, grabbing the duffels and tossing them to the ground.

I could hear muffled voices from my position and the sound of the bags being lifted from the ground. Footsteps slowly disappeared followed by a loud bang of a heavy door.

I lifted the tarp, making sure the coast was clear for me to get up.

I climbed out of the back and jumped down. Dusting myself off I started taking in my surroundings.

Sin's truck was parked in a dark alleyway, making it very difficult to see. However, I could tell it was in the bad part of Crescent Coast. Buildings loomed over my head on the verge of falling apart. Trash littered the empty streets making it feel more like a ghost town. Words were spray painted on buildings in different colors and font. The whole place had the scent of danger and I could feel my insides reeling.

Then I suddenly had the uneasy feeling that I was being watched. Before I could turn around, a hand shot over my mouth, muffling my screams. A hand gripped my hair tightly and dragged me towards an iron door in the side of the building. Panic rose into my chest and throat, making it hard to breath and focus.

The door clanged open and the person shuffled me in, my hair still in his death grip.

A man in his late twenties sat in a plush leather chair at a round table towards the back of the room— two men on either side of him. An industrial style black light hung above the table, casting a bright glow. A couch was placed on the right hand wall facing the left wall with a giant t.v. situated on it. Two other men shouted loud profanities at the t.v. A white substance was placed on the table in front of them in a thin line. I watched in horror as one of the men bent over, placing half of his nose on one end of the line and snorted it.

I recognized one of the duffels Sin had brought, on the table in front of the man.

He reached inside and brought out a large semi automatic gun and held it up to the light, admiring its quality. 

What was Sin doing with a gun?! Were there more guns inside of those other bags?

My mind raced with questions that I would probably never receive​ the answers to.

"Hey boss, we have an intruder," announced the guy behind me.

Everyone's attention came to us. Out of all the people in the room, Sin was not one of them.

The man with the gun stood up, placing the gun on the table in front of him and walked towards me.

His face was a pasty white creating a hollowed out look to him. It looked like he had been in one too many fights. A faint pink scar was lined all the way from the corner of his mouth to his earlobe. His dull gray eyes looked somewhat sunken.

Probably from the drugs, I thought.

The man behind me still had my hair tightly wound around his fingers but let go of my mouth. Fear made its way into my chest and through my body as the Boss grabbed my chin roughly and examined my face.

"What is a pretty little thing like yourself doing on this side of town so late at night?" He asked. His breath fanned my face reeking of stale cigarettes. I almost gagged at how quickly his breath would be able to peel paint but decided against making him angry.

His smiled at me— showing me his yellowed, rotten and crooked teeth.

Dear God, I swear if you let me make it out of this alive I will go to church every single Sunday. I will nurture the ground you walked on and will dress like a nun for the rest of my life.

A door opened harshly to the right of me. He stepped out and looked around at everyone. Once his eyes landed on me, they widened and then hardened with anger.

I laughed nervously, "Heeeeeeeey there, buddy."

Okay, so I'm looking for 280 reads and 50 votes. You guys can do it!

So, who's you most favorite and least favorite characters so far?

Don't forget to

Comment★Vote★Enjoy