Chapter Seventeen

Warning: Has not been edited

We didn't get attacked by any zombies that night; but I was left feeling I had been.

It's crazy. Absolutely insane. I know I said nothing happened, but I meant for it to be like I wasn't going to kiss- well almost kiss- and tell. But the way he said it with such a stoic face and an 'I don't give a shit' attitude; it actually hurt. I don't know why. But it did.

Afterwards, we pretended like nothing had happened. We talked like normal and still hung out. He helped me a lot with the show coming up and is still currently trying to help pick out a song for me.

"Hey, Sin?" I asked, while sitting at the desk in my bedroom.

He was laying upside down on my bed with his head slightly hanging off and his eyes closed. He grunted in response.

"Where do you plan on going to school when you graduate?"

My question was just out of plain curiosity and was innocent enough. However, the way he tensed up told me otherwise.

"I.. I'm not planning to go back when I graduate. This is it for me before I move," he replied slowly.

My heart skipped a beat hearing him say that. Why would he not go back to school? Where is he moving after that? Why is he moving?

"Oh," I responded in an almost whisper.

He sat up and rubbed his hand harshly down his face. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he stood and walked near me. My back was facing him but I could hear his footsteps and his loud intake of breath as he stepped closer. His hand touched my arm slightly, sending little tingles shooting throughout it.

God, why do I react this way?

He slowly turned me around to face him. His eyes were showing uncertainty on if he should tell me the truth or nothing at all.

"It's just... complicated," he sighed. So I guess he won't be telling me anything at all.

"Then break it down for me," I said. "I can understand, you just have to give me a chance to."

"It's not that sim-"

"Yes it is!" I interjected.

"No, it's not, Avalon! You wouldn't understand because you're not part of that portion of my life! You never will be!" I could tell he was irritated by his heavy breathing. But those words still stung. He shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath. "I didn't mean it the way it sounded," he tried to excuse.

I nodded and turned around, trying to hold a stray tear back.

"I- I think you should leave," I whisper quietly. I could tell he hear me by the way he stepped closer and tried to explain, but I cut him off yet again. "Go, Sin. Now."

He exhaled slowly and picked his jacket up off my bed. The sound of the front door slamming told me he was gone.

I don't know why I am crying. He told me the truth. I won't ever be part of his life like that. But the truth hurt. The way he said the words hurt.

Why am I such a cry baby?! My emotions are haywire and my thoughts are scrambled like the eggs I eat for breakfast.

He just pushes my buttons with vague answers! He is so secretive and won't even let me help by letting me in!

God, I hate him!

But in my heart, I know it's saying something different. It's not telling me I hate him.