Chapter Three

Thank you guys so much for the love you've given so far! I cannot wait to see where this story takes us! So, may I introduce, Miss Tris McDowell! ^^^ isn't she gorgeous?! Anyways, without further ado, I give you glorious people Chapter Three.

Warning: not edited.

Sin took the seat next to me while his friends filled in the other two vacant spots. I gaped at him.

What in the hell is he doing? I just want to eat my lunch in peace without his annoying, suffocating presence. Is that too much to ask?

"So how have you been?" Sin smirked.

I guess it is.

I pursed my lips tightly, "It's been great since you've been gone." I replied honestly. "Now can you leave again so I can enjoy the rest of my life and lunch?"

He chuckled, "You carry a lot of hostility around in that little body of yours, don't you?"

He pointed his gaze to Tris who kept looking between Sin and I.

"Is she always like this?" He gestured to me.

She shook her head briskly and then turned to make conversation with the other two.

"You're gonna see a lot more hostility in a minute of you don't leave and take your pack mules with you," I threatened.

"Ooo violent, I like it," he replied cockily.

"Ooo cocky, I hate it," I retorted.

I pushed my food around on my plate and patiently waited for him to get up and leave. When he made no sign he was leaving I sighed and and slapped my hand on the table.

"Why can you not just take the hint and leave?!"

He chewed the food in his mouth and smirked, "Can old friends not have a decent conversation?"

Old friends? Last I checked, he hated me and I hated him just as much, if not more.

"Yes, 'old friends' can. But last I checked we're not old friends. Last I checked, you hated me and I, you."

"Hate is a strong word."

"Yes, and it describes us perfectly."

He sighed, "I don't hate you. Look, I'm sorry about the way I treated you when we were kids. I was a kid and I did stupid stuff for attention. No big deal." He shrugged nonchalantly as he picked his sandwich back up.

No. Big. Deal? Was he joking right now? Did I fall down a rabbit hole and not realize? He literally took the fun out of most of my childhood, so he could get a little attention. Why, I oughta...

Before my mind could stop it, my hand reached out on its own and shoved his sandwich in his face.

Time slowed down and my eyes widened as I realize the full extent of what I had just done. Oh dear Lord baby Jesus. I am dead.

His head slowly lifted to meet my eyes.

Everything and everyone was silent around us, waiting on edge to see what would happen.

Sin may have just came back, but everyone still knew to stay clear of him and his standoffish ways. He was the ultimate bad boy of our town and probably the most dangerous. He had been gone for a little over two years, getting sent away due to his behavior. Rumors said that he was sent to prison for murder, others said he dropped out of school, moved out of state and changed his name because he was wanted by the FBI.

With the way he was looking at me right now, I wouldn't put it past him to murder me right now.

But it was hard to look at him and contain my laughter. A piece of lettuce was stuck to one side if his face, mayonnaise and mustard was smeared on his mouth and dripping and a pickle was sliding down his forehead.