Chapter Thirteen

Warning: Has not been edited

I walked home feeling like a ton of bricks was on my shoulders- growing heavier with each step I took.

He chose his other family over me- over us. He chose an infidelity over us and is just going to leave us behind like second hand smoke.

I briskly wiped off the tears that ran down my red cheeks.

I stopped into a corner store and went into the bathroom to compose myself.

It was small and smelled completely of urine and feces, but I ignored it. Walking over to the mirror in the corner I took in the sight of myself.

My usually contained blonde hair was a mess from the wind and running my fingers through it. My once sparkling green eyes were dull with deep bags under them. The red in my cheeks and around my puffy lips was prominent, looking as if I had been punched. All in all, I looked like a walking accident.

Accident.

I remember my father- my sperm donor- saying that once when I was younger.

Flashback

"Mommy, how do you get a baby to grow in your tummy?"

My mothers eyes widened and a light blush covered her slightly freckled cheeks. She took off her apron and oven mitts, placing them on the countertop beside her.

She kneeled over, right next to where I was playing with my dolls.

"Well honey-"

She was cut off from the slam of the front door.

My father stumbled into the den- looking like a train wreck.

His tie was halfway undone and his shirt was partially untucked from his pants. His usually crisp suit was now wrinkled and crinkled as if he had been in a brawl before coming home. His dark brown hair was untamed and sticking up everywhere while his usually happy eyes were glossy and filled with disgust.

I had discovered when I was younger than I am now, that daddy was almost always nice to me and mommy.

Unless he had that poison. Alcohol, that's what mommy calls it. When daddy has it, he turns mean and like a monster. It's very rare he has it unless there's been a hard day at the office.

He grumbled incoherently and threw his stuff on the floor, kicking off his shoes.

Mother looked at me and began to start where she left off.

"A baby is made when two people are very in love with each other. When their hearts are bursting with love, a fairy comes. While the couple is sleeping, the fairy sprinkles magical fairy dust over the mommy's tummy and-Voila! There the baby is- growing inside the mommy's tummy," she finished with a smile.

My father let out a snort.

"Yeah, but when the fairy came to us, she gave us you by accident."

My father walked out of the room, my mother hot on his tail and bursting with anger. Their bedroom door closed lightly, followed by muffled shouts.

Flashback Fin

Am I really that horrible to have as a child?

I bring home straight A's. I'm always polite and use my manners. I hardly ask for anything- ever. I put school ahead of my own well being! I've never touched drugs or alcohol- except for the occasional sip at Christmas.