Chapter Thirty-Five

Warning: Has not been edited

Avalon

I sat up I'm bed as I heard a quiet knock at the door.

I groaned as I looked at the clock and saw that it was only eight forty five Saturday morning.

Can't I just sleep the rest of my life away?

The knock sounded again as my feet touched the fluffy carpet.

I opened the door to see Sin standing on the other side, looking extremely awkward.

"Uh- it's time for breakfast," I nodded in response and closed the door, trudging to my wardrobe.

After pulling out a pair of black leggings and long sleeved T-shirt, I headed to the shower.

I grimaced as I caught my reflection. The girl I saw didn't look anything like me. Her hair was stringy and Flat, her eyes a dull, lifeless, shade of green. Her skin was a sickly pale- perks of actually being sick, I suppose. All in all, I looked like death- probably smelled like it too.

I turned the water on full blast and stepped in, the warmth from the water flooding my system.

I hastily finished and felt refreshed as I stepped out.

I made my way downstairs to the rest of the Blake family.

Sin's dad sat at the head of the table with his Elena- Decland's mom- on his right. They were smiling and laughing amongst themselves. Elena's eyes were bright and happy. Xavier's eyes were focused solely on Elena. They were filled with pure love and adoration for his wife.

I felt a pang of jealousy overcome me.

That used to be my family. Laughing and playing around- a family full of love and happiness.

Just then, Sin caught my eye and gestured for me to sit beside him.

I cautiously took the empty chair and grabbed a plate as my stomach made its empty self known.

Xavier smiled warmly and laughed.

"Sounds like someone is ready for food."

I smiled sheepishly before placing eggs, toast and a few pieces of bacon on my plate.

"How are you holding up, honey?" Elena's warm voice asked. Her voice was sincere and held a concerned tone.

"I'm fine- well, as fine as I can be," I returned her smile and they continued talking amongst themselves, asking me a few questions every now and again.

I got up and walked to the kitchen to place my dirty dishes in the sink, Sin hot on my tail.

"I have a surprise for you," he smiled brightly. I felt insides tingle at the warmth from his smile. I couldn't help but to return it.

"Really? What?"

"Uh uh uh," he tsked, "you'll have to wait and see. We leave in about an hour." I nodded my head briskly and ran upstairs and slipped on my knee high black boots.

I spent the next hour lounging in my room, playing on my phone.

When it was finally time to go, I bounded down the stairs only to trip over the last few. I stuck my arms out to catch myself on the floor, only to feel Sin's arms stop me halfway down.

"You should really be more careful," he said near my ear. I was facing the floor, his arm wrapped around my stomach. I may be facing the floor, but I already knew a smirk was on his handsome face.

Handsome? What the-

"I- t-thank you," I tumbled out.

"What happened?" I heard Elena's voice question.

Sin jumped from the surprise and I fell forward, right onto my face.

I groaned as Sin apologized profusely and helped me up.

"I retract my previous statement," I said, rubbing my nose. Well, I'm going to have a huge bruise.

Sin's head turned towards me with a mischievous smirk. "About me handsome?"

My face flushed as I punched him in the arm. He heard that?

"No. Well, yes. I take back the thank you too."

He stuck his big pink tongue out at me and I did the same.

His mother stood there- watching the exchange with a smile on her face.

"What?" Sin and I asked at the same time. She shook her head and lifted her hands up in the air in surrender. She chuckled to herself and walked back into the kitchen.

"Are you okay?"

I glared at him and replied sarcastically, "Peachy. Except for the big bruise that will be noticeable on my nose by tonight- just peachy."

He shrugged. "Okay. Let's go."

I grumbled all the way to the car.

"Stupid jerk with his stupid jerky attitude. Why I oughtta run you over with my nonexistent car then throw you into the Atlantic ocean with a cinder block tied to your legs."

"I'm sorry, what was that?" He asked as we hopped in.

"Nothing," I gave him a fake smile, "absolutely nothing."

He shrugged and started the engine- turning the music all the way up and pulling out of the driveway.

Here we go.

I am so sorry this chapter sucks. I'm super tired and my mind is a catastrophic mess right now. I've got my second set of clinicals tomorrow, so wish me luck!

Dont forget to

C
O
M
M
E
N
T

A
N
D

V
O
T
E

Brittney 💜