Chapter Twenty

Warning: has not been edited

The diner was a tiny crevice building shoved in between a warehouse and a dutch pastry shop. It was bustling when we arrived but as soon as we stepped foot into the small building, it was silent.

Everyone's attention was on us- well, Sin.

You see, with a semi small and quiet town, things get around easily. Sin had been the talk of the town since he went away for some unknown reason. Now that he's back, well, there would be more talk and more fear of him and his ways.

The older people looked at him briefly and quickly looked away when he caught their gaze. The younger girls swooned and gawked with a lustful look; while the guys on looked with envy and jealousy.

"You know, it's rude to stare, right Sin?" I asked loudly. He looked at me briefly, confused, before I look of understanding dawned on him.

"Yeah, it is," he snarled and looked around. Everyone's eyes widened and they quickly looked away. We made our way to a booth; Decland sat across from Sin and they both looked up at me expectedly.

I looked in between the two, Decland gesturing me to sit beside him and Sin just looking at me. Making up my mind, I sit beside Decland. His arms shoots out around my shoulders and tugs me closer to him- ultimately, making my cheeks flame a brilliant red. I hear Sin huff from the other side and look out of the window at nothing.

"So," I start awkwardly, "how was your day, Sin? Have you finished the assignment for Higgins?" I glance at the menu, already knowing what I would like.

He gave me a deadpanned look as if to say 'are you serious?'

"What?" I asked.

Decland was chuckling beside me. When I looked over at him he just shrugged and said, "He doesn't do assignments. He makes other's do it for him."

Sin gave him a harsh glare and turned towards me, "Don't listen to that moron. Yes, I finished it on the first day."

Decland snorted while glaring at his brother.

I fidgeted my fingers under the table, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the brooding brothers.

The waiter came and took our orders for food and drinks then left to the kitchen to help prepare.

"So-"

I was cut off abruptly when Decland harshly said, "What is your problem, huh?"

"I don't have one. What's your excuse?" Sin sneered back.

"I don't have one yet, but the longer I look at you, the more of a problem I have."

"That's not what your ex-girlfriend said," Sin smirked.

Decland snorted again, "Like I care about that bit-"

"Okay! I am going to the restroom, I'll be back," I interrupted.

I hurriedly escaped from the booth, wanting to get away from all the testosterone invading the table like the plague.

A sigh left me as I entered the restroom. It was surprisingly neat for a tiny run down diner. I walked over to the porcelain sink and gripped the edges, needing a breather.

I knew it was a bad idea for the both of them to be here together. But somewhere in the back of my mind, I hoped it would somehow help them get over whatever little feud they had going on.

I splashed some cold water on my face before heading back.

Sin and Decland were leaning close to each other speaking intently in rushed whispers. My brows furrowed slightly but I shrug is off.