Chapter Two

So this is what I imagined sin to look like! Thank you to whomever stuck around for chapter two. Please be sure to give me some honest feedback and hit the little vote button! Warning: has not been fully edited!

My heart pounded hard in my chest as my mind roamed over the thoughts of what would happen now.

Sin Blake, Decland's half brother, was back and I could not stop the horrible memories of him from our childhood.

He was my childhood enemy, the Slytherin to my Gryfinndor. He did everything from throwing sand in my eyes to dumping garbage over my head. He was always a jerk and would forever remain that way, in my experience. I have never loathed someone as much as I did him.

Thankfully Decland always tried to shield me from his cruel ways by standing up for me, but... what now? Decland and I are not as close as we once were and we probably never will be again thanks to Aria. The only person in my corner is Tris and although she may be scrappy, she doesn't stand a chance against Sin.

Decland sensed my panicked turmoil and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, bringing me close. I breathed in deeply, trying to center myself and calm down.

But damn it was hard with how good he smelled. His cologne wafted through my nostrils and finally I slowly slipped off the verge of a panic attack.

"Don't worry, Ave, I'll still protect you," he whispered soothingly to me.

Well damn... there went my heart. It fluttered rapidly in my chest at his proximity and his words.

I looked up at the nickname he gave me when we were kids and was met with his beautiful blue gray orbs. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever but was really only a few seconds.

I cleared my throat and untangled myself from him, standing tall like I was completely unaffected. On the inside, I was squealing like a five year old when their parents brought home candy.

"When?" I forced the words out of my mouth.

Decland reached around and scratched the back of his neck while his eyes focused on mine.

He sighed and said, "Sometime today is all I know. Don't worry, I will still be there for you. I know how much you dislike my brother."

My heart did a flip against my ribs and I couldn't help the smile that crossed my face.

Murmurs filled the hallway and everyone's attention focused on something- or rather someone- at the end of it.

My smile slowly slipped off my face as I looked at the mysterious new figure.

Decland's eyes cut to mine quickly and then back to the person. He crossed his arms defensively as he sized him up.

Holy wow- I mean cow.

The guy walked down the hallway with his head held high and a sly smirk plastered on his full pink lips. His eyes were half closed but even I could see how blue they were from here. His brown hair was slightly spiked at the front, revealing a blonde tint. His hair complimented his flawless creamy complexion and perfectly defined jawline. His dark denim jeans fit snugly around his waist, enough to make you wonder what lay beneath. A light gray band tee hugged his torso, chest and arms, accentuating his biceps. A pair of light gray Converse adorned his feet and brought the whole look together along with a silver dog chain around his neck.

I was so busy staring at this stranger, I didn't notice he had come to a stop in front of Decland and I.

"You might want to close your mouth, Princess. Wouldn't want to catch flies, would we?" His deep voice resonated. His hand reached up, cupped my chin and literally closed my mouth for me.