Chapter Six

So above we have the beautiful Alexandra Daddario as the Triplets. Can you imagine if there were three of this gorgeous woman?! 😍

So, we reached our goal of 80 reads and 20 votes (I think that was the number I put) so now I want to up it to 30 votes and 135 reads! I know you guys can do it because y'all are freaking amazing!

This chapter is dedicated to _southernbeachbby for being such an amazing person and for voting, commenting and also sharing my story on her message board! Also, being one of the first people to read my book and give some encouragement!

Please if you notice ANY errors, just kindly point them out to me and I will fix them as soon as I can!

Without further ado, Chapter Six.

Warning: has not been edited.

Enjoy!

We reached my house in record time. I unlocked the door, and rushed upstairs to grab some of my things. The familiar smell of lemons infiltrated my nose through the house.

I threw some things into my duffel that I would need and some things that I might need like the essential, girly items. As I closed my door I heard something hit the floor in my parents room, causing me to still.

Their cars weren't in the driveway, so they weren't home. A muffled giggle could clearly be heard as I scrambled downstairs hurriedly.

Decland waited at the foot of the porch stairs as I ran down, almost tripping in the process.

"Hey, hey, why are you out of breath?” he inquired.

"Somebody... In... The house," I panted out.

His eyebrows shot up as he made his way inside carefully as to not make a sound. I tiptoed behind him after grabbing a baseball bat by the front door. Hey, you can never be too careful when you're home alone.

As I stepped on a creaky floorboard, he turned around quickly to shush me. I held my hands up in defense and motioned toward to floor. We silently made our way up the hardwood stairs and to the carpeted hallway, separating all the rooms.

Decland held one hand up to his lips and slowly counted down from three on his other hand. The door swung open with a loud bang. A bang that would forever ruin my life.

"Dad?"

The baseball bat fell from my hands. My eyes widened and filled with unshed tears as I looked at my father. Well, more like the woman who wasn't my mother, under him. Time slowed down as he looked at me like a deer caught in headlights. A flash of regret covered his facial features. The woman shot up awkwardly out of her laying position, covering her naked body with the silk sheets. She looked back and forth between my father and I silently.

"Avalon-"

I shot down the stairs in a hurry, grabbing Decland hand in the process.
I slammed the front door with as much energy and anger as I could muster before setting off on foot to Decland home.

After a few minutes of silently walking down the street lamp lit sidewalks Decland stands in front of me. He grasped my shoulders lightly before pulling me into a tight hug. As I stood there, I couldn't help the angered and betrayed sobs that racked my body.

Why would he do this to mom? To me? Did he not love us anymore? How could he do this to his family?

Questions raced across my mind as the tears continuously streamed down my face.

When the sobs turned into sniffles, Decland slowly pulled his body from mine and looked into my eyes deeply. I could see the pity they held in those deep pools of blue but decided against saying anything.

"Before you ask, I'm fine now," I mumbled.

"No you're not. But it's okay not to be," he shot me a small smile, making his dimples slowly appear.

•••

We finally made it to his house. Well, more like mansion. The outer portion of the house was just as I remembered it years ago.

A black iron gate surrounded the whole property. The cobblestone driveway was lined with beautiful cherry blossom trees, providing cool shade during scorching hot days. Stone pillars supported the balcony branching off from one of the upstairs bed rooms.

This place used to be my home away from home.

Until Decland didn't want you around anymore, the little voice in the back of my head nagged. The thought— no matter how harsh— was right. Decland hadn't wanted me in his life for the last few years. A part of me knew what would happen in the end but I still chose to to dive in head first and blindfolded.

I sighed as we made our way up the cement steps and to the humongous arched doorway. Decland pushes the door open, causing a heavy sounding creak to echo around us.

We entered the beautiful foyer. A plush, carpeted staircase lined the right wall. A beautiful chandelier crafted perfectly with crystals hung in the center of the room above our heads, casting an amber glow throughout the foyer. Though the home was huge, it gave off safe and homey vibes— unlike my own home at this moment.

Decland tossed his keys into a bowl on a table beside the door and slipped his shoes off. I followed suit and sat my shoes down gingerly, trying not to be too loud.

"Mom, I'm home! And I have a guest!" Decland yelled.

So much for not being too loud.

A fair skinned woman appeared around the corner to our left with a dish towel in hand. She was just like I remember. Her light blonde hair was pulled up into a high bun. The wrinkles around her sea green eyes were slightly more evident than they were years ago, but that didn't make her any less beautiful. Her petite frame had stayed the same, but she was just a tad shorter than I remember. A lovely black dress adorned her body, hugging it like a second skin— black heels clicked on the hardwood flooring.

"Hello, why must you yell?" Her light voice sounded. Her eyes flickered over to me and back to her son then back to me.

"Oh! Avalon! Honey how are you?!" She rushed over to me squeezing me tightly. A lot stronger than I remembered too. I hugged her back just as tight, savoring her warmth.

She held out her arms, getting a good look at me. Her eyebrows furrowed as she took in my red and swollen eyes.

"Have you been crying?" She asked with concern.

Tears threatened to spill again as we took a seat in the living area and I told her what happened. Decland sat beside me the whole time with an arm resting reassuringly over my shoulders.

After telling her everything and me constantly telling her I was fine, she insisted I stay for as long as I like.

After dinner, Decland and I studied in his room for a few hours. We joked and reminisced about old times we had when we were kids.

It felt good to talk to him again, really talk. I missed this. But all good things have to come to an end.

His bedroom door flew open, revealing Satan's incarnate in heels and a tight mini dress.

Okay, I know this chapter is not that great, but I promise it will get better! Sometimes you have to get through the slow parts to get to the good! But I did throw in a little more drama and there will be LOADS of it next chapter! I am seriously getting tingles from writing it! Until next time!

Don't forget to

Comment★Vote★Enjoy