Chapter Sixteen

I'm baaaaaaaaack.

I am so sorry for not updating in so long and I reeeeeaaaalllllyyy hope you guys can forgive me!

You guys were so amazing while I was gone! So I decided to a special chapter that I hope you all will enjoy! You all have seriously blown my mind with how far you have all gotten this book; Its amazing! Thank you to everyone who's voted, commented, recommended and shared! You are so amaze-balls! Even the silent readers; still amaze-balls!

Guys, we are at #234 in teen fiction! That is frickin awesome!

So, I'm going to quit talking and let you guys get caught up in the world of Sin and Avalon!

Enjoy!

Warning: Has not been edited.

Sin

I just couldn't help myself.

I guess I was just getting caught up in the moment.

She looked beautiful. So fucking beautiful.

She always did- does.

The moonlight slipping in between the cracks of the branches washed over us like a light sent down from Heaven. It bathed her in all its glory; making her appear as a Goddess amongst mere mortals. The fire provided a warm and safe atmosphere while casting its light to Avalon's face; her alabaster skin in a deep ember glow. The fire resembles the fire I see in her light green eyes when she's faced with a challenge and she believes no one is looking.

I knew I shouldn't corrupt her pure heart with my tainted need for her. I can't be selfish when it comes to her- I shouldn't.

But damn, it's so fucking hard not to right now.

As my lips lightly graze hers, I feel her shiver underneath me- making me want to...

This is so much harder than I thought.

I want her to kiss me on her own accord- sober. Not when she is drunk off her ass or when I want it.

I shouldn't want it.

Pause.

I can't want it.

Pause.

I want it- so fucking bad.

I was only suppose to befriend her. I didn't want us to always be enemies and hate each other. Mere platonic friendship was my goal and after Talia, I figured it would be so much easier. I didn't want to like anyone again. I didn't want to love anyone ever again after what happened. But as time went on, I could feel everything that I held back those years ago- crashing unto me full force.  I didn't want to want her. I didn't want to like her- but with those beautiful eyes, her quirkiness, her smile, her laugh- oh God, that laugh.

I could feel everything coming back to me. The crush I used to have on her seemed so little and insignificant now. Now, it felt like more. More than just a silly grade school crush I had on her before I left for a little over a year- no... It felt like... Talia.

I don't want that again. I can't-won't-let it happen again. History will not repeat itself. I cannot trust anyone, even Avalon.

No matter how unwilling I really am, I pull away from her quickly and sit up- creating the distance we both need from one another.

She slowly sits up- a look of disappointment took over her features as she lightly touched her bottom lip. Quickly, she covered it up and put on a stoic face.

I had to hide my disappointment as well. I would have given my life just to have her plump lips on mine- but if not kissing her meant avoiding the last situation I was in, then I would have to suffer with my imagination.

I studied her as she looked into the fire, deep in thought.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

She shrugged her shoulders, still focusing on the little embers of fire being tossed into the brittle air.

"Nothing to really be sorry about. Nothing happened," she replied passively.

I took a deep breath as I slowly nodded my head.

Did what almost happened mean nothing?

The drunken kiss she gave me meant nothing to me. Why? She wasn't in a correct state of mind and it would be inhumane for me to think otherwise. Don't get me wrong, it felt nice- but it was wrong. It wasn't how I wanted it to go, how it should have gone. She had alcohol affecting her thoughts and actions- much like influencing or bribing a child with candy.

But what just happened- even though it shouldn't have- meant something to me. It meant everything to me knowing that if I were to ever kiss her and make a first move, there was a possibility she would return it. Genuinely return it. The thought alone overjoyed me, even though I know it shouldn't.

My chest tightened slightly at the thought of her not feeling what I was currently feeling. And let me tell you- it hurt. Like a bitch.

I can't let this affect me. I cannot let her affect me so much. In my line of work, this shit could get me killed, or worse, her.

I have to get over her and just let go. A crush from years ago should not be influencing me so much. That's all it was- a crush. That is all I will ever allow it to be.

I don't have room for love in my life. After Talia, I don't want love in my life, and I don't think I ever will again.

I could feel my already high walls towering back up and looming over my head, threatening to fall and squish me with all of its weight.

They will not fall. Because I will not let them. I will get over this.

No you won't, my thoughts taunted me.

I have no choice but to.

I don't want to hurt her but I still want to be friends. Friends. Nothing more, nothing less. That is what we will always be.

What's left of my heart cracked a little, threatening to shatter like broken glass.

My mind is telling me just friends will never happen, that we will always be something other than friends. My heart agrees. I guess this is the first time the mind and heart have ever been on the same page.

Unfortunately for them both, I've made my decision.

Standing up, I pull out a cigarette and light it; hoping my problems will blow away with the smoke.

I looked at her to already see her looking at me with those beautiful eyes. I kept my face stoic and unreadable.

"Yeah, nothing happened," I said in a bored tone as I took another drag.

This is probably my favorite chapter so far. We got to see things from Sins point of view and how he thinks. Did you guys like his point of view? Would you like to see more of it? Please let me know!

So, we all know by now that Talia is an old flame🔥 But does anyone want to take a guess at what happened? Let me know in the comments or in a message, whomever gets the closest answer will receive a dedication!

Until then...

Comment★Vote★Enjoy