Chapter Forty

Holy shit, guys. We are on chapter forty!!!! I'm thinking we have roughly (maybe) 10-15 chapters left in this story.

Warning: Has not been edited

Avalon

We walked outside into the cool brisk air. The cold wind slapping against my skin- sending shivers down my spine.

I thought we were going towards the car but Sin grabbed my hand and pulled me into the opposite direction. I didn't question it, but raised an eyebrow at Sin as we walked down the crowded sidewalk- my hand still clasped rightly in his. He ignored my raised eyebrow as we kept walking.

"I thought that you may want to do something fun. Get out for a little bit and clear your head. But, the competition is also coming up and I know we need to practice."

"Yeah," I nodded. "There is a month left until the auditions then a week later we do qualifying and finals on the same night with an hour intermission between the two."

He bit his lip and something in me made me watch. He tugged lightly on it with his teeth, sending delightful tingles through my body.

I want to bite your lip.

I pulled my eyes away at the thought. What was wrong with me?!

As we neared a corner, Sin's hand loosened around mine and pulled away completely. I instantly missed the warmth and comfort he provided.

The sound of music drifted through my ears and I looked up to see a small band playing their instruments. They were quite good.

The lead singer had an acoustic guitar in his hands and was strumming along skillfully to the beat. His black hair continuously flopped into his eyes, making him shake his head. The drummer and back up pianist both had short wavy blonde hair and matching green eyes. Twins.

Their playing slowed down and they finished out their song- smiling at the numerous people surrounding them.

"Thank you guys so much! Any special requests?” the guy with black hair asked. Many people murmured and others shouted out requests, but Sin walked up to him and talked in a hushed tone. Their eyes caught mine as I tilted my head in confusion- a small smile playing on my lips. The guy nodded.

"Alright, we have a special request for a special lady," the guy handed his guitar to Sin who accepted it with a cheeky smile. He brought the strap over his head and gestured for me to come up. I shook my head quickly but he did the unexpected.

"Avalon! Avalon! Avalon!" He pounded his fist into the air and the crowd started clapping while chanting my name. The band even joined!

The guy with black hair walked up to me and grabbed my hand gently- pulling me front and center.

Sin nodded a thank you and turned towards the twins, whispering a song. But I was petrified. The onlookers looked at us expectantly as the first notes began. I accidentally let out a small squeak and turned away, hiding my flamed face.

The music stopped abruptly and Sin came by side. His warm, calloused hands clasped my chin tenderly- effectively lifting my gaze to his. He was so close, I could feel the warmth from him and smell his minty breath.

"Hey, just look at me," he whispered.

"That doesn't help," I muttered.

"Yes, it will. Look, Avalon, you are more than ready to face this feat. You are an amazing vocalist and you will move on to accomplish amazing things in this world. But first, you need to take that leap of faith. I want to be the one that helps you conquer your greatest fear. I believe in you," his eyes shimmered under the fluorescent lights. His pink lips were parted slightly as he leaned back and held his hand out to me. "Do you believe in me? Do you trust me?"

Trust.

Such a small, delicate word with intricate and complicated definition.

I took a deep breath. "I trust you. So, so much." I grabbed his hand, mine fitting perfectly in it.

The drummer and pianist started playing again, this time determined to finish the song for two random strangers. The keys of the keyboard made a light sound that floated into the air. I closed my eyes and slightly swayed to the infectious rhythm.

Maybe Sin was right. Maybe to conquer this and finally defeat it once and for all... I need someone by my side.

Someone who won't judge and downgrade me. Someone who I've already shared my love of music with. Someone who is so undeniably perfect and sweet under his bad boy, rough exterior façade.

Someone... That maybe... One day... Could be my someone.

Someone like...

Like Sin.

Chapter Forty y'all!

Okay, so I will be doing the interview the chapter AFTER next which will either be posted tomorrow or the day after. The next chapter is going to be a continue of this one because they are STILL not finished with this date. Get hyped you guys because the next chapter is going to be fucking AMAZING! LIKE ALL OUT. I am so stoked lol

I know this chapter is relatively short, but there is going to be so much packed into the next chapter and it is going to be looooooooong

So, what do you guys think so far of Silon?

Dont forget to

C
O
M
M
E
N
T

A
N
D

V
O
T
E

Brittney 💜