Chapter Thirty-Nine

Warning: Has not been edited

Avalon

The events from earlier were shoved in the back of my mind as I sifted through my closet.

Comfy casual?

What does that even mean?!

Do I wear sweatpants? No, they're comfy, but not casual. Jeans? Casual but not comfy for me.

I decided on a pair of black leggings, a gray long sleeved cotton shirt and thick white scarf. I paired it with my brown knee length boots, a gold watch and faux pearl earrings.

I quickly got a shower and got dressed. After dressing, I finally did my hair into a cute messy bun. Now, to wait.

The sun was setting, casting a brilliant orange and pink glow over the side of the house. I decided to step outside.

The air was nippy and wisps of wind felt like stings to my cheeks. I took a cigarette and lit it, slowly taking a drag. I know, they're bad for me but it helps the anxiety and frustrations bubbling in my chest. I took several more drags, slowly blowing out my frustration in the clouds of smoke. The door sliding shut, snapped me from my thoughts.

Sin appeared and slowly walked towards me.

Oh.

My

Jeebus.

The martin button down shirt and black leather jacket brought out the blue in his eyes. His dark wash jeans hugged his hips perfectly. And his black combat boots added the perfect combination of kick ass. His hair was styled perfectly on top of his tousled head making him look like a Greek god.

I felt the all too familiar butterflies dance around in my stomach as my breath hitched.

"You know," he started as he reached me, "Beautiful girls shouldn't smoke." His voice was teasing and rough but felt silky and smooth to my ears.

"Good thing I'm not beautiful," I stated as I took another drag.

My ears must have been playing tricks on me when I turned around. It sounded as if he said, "No, you're much more than beautiful."

My cheeks involuntary blushed.

His hand reached out and took the last bit if my cigarette, bringing it to his lips and taking a long drag before exhaling through his nose.

My eyebrow quirked up, "You realize you just inadvertently kissed me, right?"

His signature smirk graced his lips. "Would you like me to be more direct about it then?"

My eyes widened a little and a thick, dense heat crept up my cheeks once again.

Damn you, Sin.

He laughed hysterically. A full blown laugh and not a half assed one. The butterflies in my stomach became more prominent and harder to ignore hearing the care free sound. It sounded so... Beautiful. I found myself smiling along with him.

After he regained his composure, he tossed the finished cigarette and we made our way to the door.

                               .•*•.

Sin and I talked and laughed all the way to the restaurant. The place he chose was a little high strung so instead I suggested that go to Wanderlust. He's never been so I'm excited to show him.

"After you, m'lady," he said as he opened the door for me. The bell dinged shoved our heads, making our arrival known to the staff. Sin bowed and I curtsied adding a 'thank you, kind sir.'

We chuckled at our antics and found a booth to sit at.

"Hey, my name is Noah and I will be your server for the night. What can I get you to drink?"

I looked up from my menu.

"Hey!" I said enthusiastically.

"Oh, hey Avalon! How are you? I haven't seen you in here in while," Noah chirped. His steely eyes drifted to Sin. "Sin Blake, right?"

Sin looked at me hesitantly before slowly nodding.

"Thought so. Since when are you guys friends?" Noah asked quizzically.

I let a giggle slip. "I've been really busy. We have been friends since he came back from boarding school," I answered.

Noah's mouth formed an 'o' while he slowly nodded.

"What's it to you?" Sin asked rather rudely.

"Oh! N-nothing. I was just curious," Noah sputtered. He took off his cap and ran his fingers through his hair, a nervous habit I suppose.

"Well don't be. I'll have a strawberry milkshake and she will have a Dr. Pepper," Sin shooed him away.

Noah hurriedly walked away to get out drink while I looked at Sin strangely.

"You know, a picture would last longer," he said sarcastically. I shrugged and pulled out my phone, taking a picture then shoving it back into my pocket.

"I wasn't serious," he laughed.

"Yeah, well you suggested it," I joked.

He hastily dug his phone out and snapped a picture of me while I was smiling like a maniac.

"Hey! Give me that!" I screeched as I tried to grab his phone. He held it out of my reach before shoving his phone back into his pocket. He grabbed my hand and placed our hands on the table. He looked at my hand laying in his as he rubbed the pad of his thumb over my knuckles.

I jumped when Noah approached the table and sat our drinks in front of us.

"What would you guys like to eat?" Noah asked. The question was to the both of us but his eyes remained on mine.

"Uh, can you do what you did last time?" Sin's eyebrow rose at my question but didn't speak.

"Sure, one Noah special coning up! And for you?" He asked as he turned towards Sin.

"Uh, I'll try what she is," he said.

Noah frowned but quickly covered it up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. Well, you were actually the first person I made that for," Noah said sheepishly.

Oh. Was he afraid Sin wouldn't like it?

I smiled warmly. "I'm sure Sin would like it too. You never know unless you try."

Noah nodded and left to put our orders in.

                              .•*•.

"Holy shit, this is good," Sin exclaimed as he took another bite of his spaghetti taco.

I nodded and hummed in agreement as I ate.

Noah stood beside the table looking proud that Sin liked his creation. He smiled and turned to me.

"So, Avalon, I was thinking," Noah started. Sin stopped mid-bite and narrowed his eyes on Noah. Huh? I don't understand. "Do you maybe want to hang out sometime after school? I need a little help on some homework."

I glanced at Sin to see him shooting daggers at Noah.

"Homework? Uh, sure. Yeah, just let me know when," I smile warmly at him. A blush crept up Noah's cheeks and he nodded eagerly before walking away.

Sin looked at me and shook his head.

"What?" I asked confused.

"He just asked you on a date," he said as he finished his food.

What? No he didn't.

"No he didn't," I voiced my thoughts. "He asked for help with homework. There's a difference." I defended.

He chuckled. "Whatever you say, Princess." His eyes sparkled brightly, silently teasing me. "Come on." He held out his hand to me as I chewed my last bite, leaving money on the table for the bill.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see."