Chapter Fifty- Two

Warning: Has not been edited

Avalon

I slowly stepped out onto the stage and made my way to the grand piano; the bright lights slightly disorienting my vision.

The crowd was dead silent as I sat down on the piano bench, causing it to squeak quietly.

My shaking hands hovered over the gleaming white keys as sweat perspired on my forehead.

I can't do this. I can't...

I was such a fool to think I could do this. To think I would be able to get over the fright of being in front of people with unwavering gazes.

I was about to stand up when all of the lights suddenly shut off, leaving the auditorium in complete darkness. My eyes adjusted and looked behind me to the slight gap in the curtains; near the main breaker.

A faint light helped me make out the features of someone standing beside the breaker with their hand on the switch.

I squinted for a better view when the light caught on stormy blue eyes.

A small gasp left my lips as he stared back at me unwaveringly. He gave me a comforting smile before waving his hands around.

I turned back around and took in a shaky breath before my fingers found their way to the keys. Closing my eyes, I began the first notes.

Any previous chatter and confusion slowly diminished as the sound of music filled the dense air; leaving only the sound of my music.

[Verse 1]
I know you've got the best intentions
Just trying to find the right words to say
Promise I've already learned my lesson
But right now, I wanna be not okay

[Pre-Chorus]
I'm so tired, sitting here waiting
If I hear one more "Just be patient"
It's always gonna stay the same

[Chorus]
So let me just give up
So let me just let go
If this isn't good for me
Well, I don't wanna know

Let me just stop trying
Let me just stop fighting
I don't want your good advice
Or reasons why I'm alright

[Hook]
You don't know what it's like

[Verse 2]
Can't stop these feet from sinking
And it's starting to show on me
You're staring while I'm blinking
But just don't tell me what you see

[Pre-Chorus]
I'm so over all this bad luck
Hearing one more "Keep your head up"
Is it ever gonna change?

[Chorus]
So let me just give up
So let me just let go
If this isn't good for me
Well, I don't wanna know

Let me just stop trying
Let me just stop fighting
I don't want your good advice
Or reasons why I'm alright

[Hook]
You don't know what it's like

[Bridge]
Don't look at me like that
Just like you understand
Don't try to pull me back

[Chorus]
Let me just give up
Let me just let go
If this isn't good for me
Well, I don't wanna know

Let me just stop trying
Let me just stop fighting
I don't want your good advice
Or reasons why I'm alright

[Hook]
You don't know what it's like
You don't know, you don't know, you don't know
You don't know what it's like
You don't know, you don't know
You don't know what it's like

I was so lost in the music, I didn't notice the lights had been turned back on. Everyone was sitting in silence, staring at me before standing and clapping. Some dabbed at their eyes and sniffled as they clapped.

A bright smile made its way to my face as I stood and bowed.

I made my way to the back as everyone congratulated me and told me that the song was amazing. My heart was soaring at all of the kind words being said to me.

I heard the directors voice over the microphone once again, announcing the next contestant. I grabbed my water bottle and began to soothe my parched throat. The cool liquid doing wonders for the dryness in my throat.

"Next up, Sin Blake!"

The water that was in my mouth spewed out and I began gasping for air; choking on the water that was already going down.

Sin walked out to the stage with his guitar in hand before whispering to the director who nodded and handed the microphone to him.

I walked closer to the edge of the curtains and caught a plain view of Sin.

His hair was tousled and airy. His black button down was tucked into his dark jeans and rolled up to his elbows; revealing his muscular forearms. He had all black converse on his feet and a pained smile on his face.

His deep voice echoed through the microphone as he began to speak to the audience.

"Hey, everyone. I know this is kind of unusual, so bear with me for a moment," hushed whispers could be heard throughout the crowd, but Sin showed no sign of it effecting him. "I.. I auditioned for this... " He waved his hands around. "Thing with someone. Someone special. But... I screwed up and she is no longer up here, by my side. I messed up, oh boy did I ever mess up. I'm not going to stand up here and spill my heart in hopes of gaining your pity to win this competition. Actually, to be frank, I don't even care about it. I care about her and this... Being up here and performing and creating something beautiful is her dream."

He turned around slightly, his gaze catching mine as I felt my heart leap in my chest. His eyes focused solely on me as he continued to speak.

"I messed up, Avalon. I do that a lot and I am so sorry if I hurt you or made you feel as if you were betrayed in any way. Those were never my intentions. Truth is... I do that a lot; mess up that is. There is nothing I could do to ever make that up to you. I broke your trust and possibly your heart in the process and I will never be able to forgive myself for that." I felt my heart sting at his confession; slowly inching towards him subconsciously. "But this last month without you, has been torturous. I can't function properly knowing that I hurt you. Knowing that I can't have you in my arms anymore is... It feels like hell. I miss you; all of you. The way your hair shines in the light giving it hints and splashes of golden sunlight. The way your eyes shine and glisten when you're happy. How your laugh is so soft and melodious; it feels as if my ears are being blessed by an angels touch. You are so pure and so light while I am always shrouded in an everlasting darkness; tainting your pureness. But ever since I've been back... That darkness is slowly starting to fade away bit by bit. Opening my eyes and showing me a light I've never known to exist. Showing me that there is always a better way." I didn't notice I was crying until a teardrop landed on my hand. I was now in front of Sin; giving the audience a full on drama presentation. "I... I can't think of the perfect way to express to you the way I feel... So let me show you."