Chapter Forty- Four

Warning: Has not been edited

Avalon

"No, no, no," I groaned. "The pitch is high while your voice is too low and it will throw it off."

Sin and I were currently in the basement practicing for the audition. Christmas had come and gone along with new years. We haven't practiced in a month and a half and we were extremely rusty.

"I know that," Sin snapped. He stood from his seat and ran a hand through his brown locks. A nervous tick he seemed to have. He signed and walked towards me, hooking an arm around my waist. "Look, we've been practicing for hours. Why don't we take a little break and grab something to eat? Yeah?"

I nodded reluctantly while he placed a tender kiss on the top of my head.

"But then we have to get straight back to work. The auditions are in two weeks and we need to be prepared. We also have to choose the other three songs and begin practicing on those. No more slacking. I have to get into this school."

He nodded and we started to walk out the door and upstairs.

My phone started to vibrate in my back pocket. I let out a sigh as I looked at the number calling and then rejected it.

"Again?" Sin asked as we reached the kitchen. I nodded weakly.

"Yeah, she won't take the hint," I mumbled, perching myself on a bar stool at the counter.

"She just wants to talk, Aves. In a way, I see why you don't want to speak to her; hell, I don't blame you. But maybe you need that closure from her. Help... De-stressify you," he said as he gathered up ingredients for homemade pizza. "I mean, she did grant you permission to stay here."

I snorted. "Grant me permission? I'm eighteen now. Legally she couldn't do anything about me staying here. Plus, it's just too much. I'd be okay never talking to my mother again. What she did... It... It just wasn't fair. My dad was far from innocent as well but she just took it to a whole new level of crazy."

Sin remained silent and continued decorating the pizza before popping it into the oven. I laid my head down on the cool, marble countertop, letting the it relax me.

Sin pushed out the barstool next to me and rubbed my back soothingly before moving his fingers to play with the loose strands of my hair.

I looked up and met his miraculous blue eyes.

"I still can't believe we're dating and have kept it a secret for two months now," Sin whispered while playing with my hair.

A smile slipped onto my face and little butterflies filled my abdomen.

It has been two months since we initially started dating. No one has put the pieces together yet and still thinks we're just friends. It's all felt surreal. Like, I'm dispersed into a translucent dream that I don't ever want to wake up from.

"Yeah, I know," I said. He smiled down at me as I raised my head and our lips met one another.

Every time still feels like the first. A feeling I don't think I'll ever get used to; but I don't mind. It's exciting and invigorating.

He was quite intoxicating and addictive. Like cigarettes; but healthier.

A shutter sound snapped us out of our trance. We looked up dazed and found Sins mother smiling like a lunatic holding her phone up at us.

I blushed bright red and Sin chuckled.

"It's about time. I've been waiting years. Years I tell you!" Elena exaggerated.

"What?" Sin asked slightly confused.

"What?" Elena mimicked. "I've been waiting since you were children to finally start dating. I mean, Sin was an ass when he was a child-"

"Hey!" He interrupted.

"-but, I knew he was the one for you," Elena finished. She looked at my surprised face and asked, "Did you not see the way he looked at you?" I shook my head. "Oh, dear! You should have seen it. He used to feel so bad when he picked on you but then he would just go on and on about you to everyone. He was a goner the day he met you. I love my son and all, but Decland was not right for you like Sin is."

"How did you know?" I asked.

She shrugged, her green eyes sparkling with amusement. "Call it... Mother's intuition." She strode out of the room, her pores seeping out happiness.

Sin and I were snapped from our thoughts when the alarm for the oven beeped.

We ate in silence before heading back down to the basement to finish practicing.

                                  .•*•.

Two weeks later

"Done!" I screeched happily, rubbing my chest.

"Finally!" Sin sighed, exhausted.

We'd just finished getting everything together for the auditions tomorrow finished practicing the other three songs. After auditions, we have two weeks to finish preparing the other songs and get them ready; if we go onto the next round. Hopefully.

"Celebrate?" Sin asked. I nodded my head wildly. We needed a break and some time together to just relax. 

"I've got the perfect place!"

A few hours later we were seated at our normal booth at Wanderlust.

"Are you excited for the auditions tomorrow?" Noah asked as he set our plates in front of us.

"Nervously stoked would be the correct term," I reply.

"You'll do fine! You'll have everyone wrapped around your fingers. Plus you'll have me in your cheering section! I can get people hyped," Noah said before bounding off to take others orders.

I smiled at Sin as we ate in comfortable silence. As we finished we paid and left, needing to get home and get well rested for probably one of the biggest days of my life.

So, here is where the major time jumps I talked about a few chapters ago are coming in. There's mainly been just a lot of preparations and everything going on and nothing really significant happens within the time jumps.

But next chapter is the competition! Who oo oo oo! I'm very excited! The best part and final chapters are all coming up.

I just want to thank anyone and everyone who has taken their time and read this Book. The chapter updates were not always on time but I thank everyone who has stood by this book and waited patiently. You DA real MVP! Lol anyways

Don't forget to

C
O
M
M
E
N
T

A
N
D

V
O
T
E

Brittney 💜