Chapter Fifteen

Warning: Has not been edited. If you see any mistakes please point them out nicely so when I edit, I can make sure to correct them!

I was wrong. Boy I was so wrong.

The run started only an hour ago, and we have already almost gotten caught six times.

Noah would mess up by tripping everywhere or just being too loud in general. He may be dressed in all black but he was far from stealthy.

"I think we're clear," Justin whispered, breathing heavily.

We slowly all stopped running and tried to catch our breath. Man! I needed to go to a gym.

After catching our breath, we began walking to try and find shelter. In other words, a place to put up our tents.

We came across a small clearing- but deciding it would be too open, we kept walking until we reached the edge.

"This will do. If we stay right here, we can see them coming across the clearing, pack it up and go," I stated matter of factually​.

The all nodded in agreement and we began to set up everything.

By the time we were finished, it was already eleven o'clock. I was exhausted, hungry and started to get cold.

"If we build a fire, they could spot us. But if we don't we could die of hunger and be found as frozen human-sicles," Noah said.

"We have to make the fire. If we hear something, we douse the fire and bolt," Sin said. 

Justin got the things needed for the fire and quickly got to work on it. Thankfully, Sin had thought ahead of time and brought food from home that could be warmed up. Noah, Clay and I ventured off to find fire wood.

"Man, to be a forest, it sure is hard to find good enough firewood," Clay complained.

"Maybe we should split up and look," I suggested.

Clay and Noah both looked at me as if I had sprouted another head.

"Have you not seen any horror movies?" Asked Noah.

"Well, yeah, but-"

"Then you should know that as soon as we split up we will be attacked! Then we will all die! Do you want to die, Avalon?! Do you want to have your brains eaten and all the blood drained from your tiny little body?!" Noah ranted.

I slowly raised my hand.

"Yes, Avalon?"

"You do realize... That... Uh... Vampires are the ones that drain your blood, right?"

Noah sighed, "We're not splitting up and that's final."

We went back to gathering the wood, when I heard a branch snap to the right of me.

Before the run, we were given 'weapons' that we could use against the zombies. Fake, of course. I don't want to go to jail for murder!

My head snapped in that direction as I tugged on Clay's sleeve. I nodded my head and motioned for him to check it out.

He pointed at himself with wide eyes and mouthed 'me?'

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

He visibly gulped and took a step towards the rustling.

"Hey, guys!"

Clay, Noah and I all shrieked, dropped the firewood and darted towards Justin like scared puppies.