Chapter Forty- Two

Warning: has not been edited

Sin

Her lips were so soft and warm. They were so welcoming to my own chapped ones. I didn't want to break apart, but I knew I had to before she moved too fast.

"Avalon-," I said as I broke away. My mind was a jumbled mess of euphoria and I instantly missed her lips pressed against mine.

She was in a daze. Her lips were partly opened and her eyes were still closed. Her face was flushed and a tinge of pink encompassed her nose due to the freezing weather.

She was beautiful.

"Avalon," no matter how much it pained me, I needed to say it. "This is a bad idea. I don't want to be a rebound or push you into something you're not ready for."

Her eyes fluttered open, still vaguely in a trance until my words registered to her.

"You're a bad idea, Sin. But I'm starting to like bad ideas."

Her hands lightly cupped my face and she leaned in once more, securing her lips firmly to mine.

I don't think I could ever get enough of this. Her taste, her smell, all of her. She was perfect and the way her lips moulded perfectly to mine, leaving tingling sensations behind, proved it. I could feel it, deep inside my soul, that she was the one for me. My finale. My other half.

I bit her lip gently, eliciting a small gasp from her and my tongue slipped into her mouth- gliding and fighting with her own. I couldn't help a shudder that passed through me- whether from the cold or from the sensation. But it felt so good. So.... Right.

This girl... Will be my beginning and my end.

                              .•*•.

"I had fun tonight," I said as we got back into the car.

"Me too. N-not just because of the k-kiss or anything!" She explained nervously. I smirked. She played with her fingers as she thought about what to say next.  "Tonight was amazing. Thank you." Her voice was quiet and timid.

"You needed it. I was more than willing to do anything to get your mind off of everything. I'm happy you had fun." I revved the engine of my car as we came to a stop light- finally back into the still bustling town.

"Sin," Avalon's angelic voice broke through the piercing silence.

"Yes, Princess?" I mocked by using the name she hates most.

"I am not a princess," she argued playfully. Her expression became serious as the light turned green and we made our way back home.

"What's wrong? Did I do-"

"No! No, you did nothing wrong. It's just... What are we? Are we just friends?" Her face contorted at that words, and I must admit, my heart kind of clenched at being referred to as friends again. "No. Friends don't kiss each other like that."

I felt my lips twitch at the last statement. I reached over and grabbed her hand, holding it gently in mine while keeping my eyes on the road.

"We will be whatever you want to be, Avalon. I'm not going to pressure you into anything you're not ready for. If you don't want to be together just yet, I'll wait. I've realized I will always wait for you," my voice was low, but genuine.

I would always wait for her. Everything comes back to her. Always.

She sat silent for a moment before speaking quietly.

"I've been feeling as if we're more than friends lately. You've been there with me through everything these past couple of months and I couldn't even begin to express how grateful I am for that. Everything I think of, it always has you in it. You're always there. I've been feeling.... Different with you."

"Different how?" I asked, my eyebrows scrunching in confusion. I parked us in front of the house, not yet turning off the car.

"Good. A good different," she mumbled. I could tell she was slightly embarrassed about having this conversation.

"If- if you don't want to talk about it-"

"No," she breathed. "I have to get this out. I've realized the more time I spend with you, the better I feel. The more my feelings... Grow." She laughed. "As much as I hate- and I do mean hate- to admit it, I don't think that I completely dislike you. Actually, if I am being completely honest, I'm rather infatuated with you."

A couldn't help the small smile that found my lips. It felt like heaven hearing the words I never thought I would.

She likes me. She actually likes me.

I never thought in a million years that my childhood crush would actually reciprocate my feelings for her. Yet, here we are. In my car. With her beside me and telling me that she likes me.

Man, I'm whipped and we're not even together!

I firmly held her hand and brought it to my lips, leaving a small lingering kiss on her cool knuckles.

She watched me with observant eyes and blushed profusely at my gesture.

"I'm kind of infatuated with you too, Avalon," I smiled. That was a lie, though. I'm extremely infatuated with you, Avalon.

Not that I would say it aloud right now. I don't want to run her off before I've even made her mine.

"It's getting late," she mentioned, gesturing to the dashboard clock that read 11:48 p.m. "We should get inside."

I nodded and dropped her hand, turning off the car. 

Before she could get out, I rushed over to her door and bowed.

"After you, m'lady."

She giggled and it felt like my ears were being blessed by Jesus himself.

We stalked inside silently, careful not to wake anyone sleeping.

I walked her to her bedroom door which was only a few doors down from my own room.

She turned the doorknob slowly, inching inside.

"Hey, Avalon, one more thing," I rushed out. Before she got too far, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back towards me. I held her in my arms as I planted another kiss on her smooth lips, savoring the taste of her; strawberries.

We broke away a few minutes later, leaning our foreheads together.

"I guess were officially together then," I grinned.

"I would like that," she grinned back. She lifted herself up on the tips of her toes, tangling her fingers in my hair. Her lips met mine again in a slow kiss. A groan betrayed me and left from my lips before I could stop it.

Suddenly, she was away from me and I was left cold; missing the new feeling of her pressed against me.

"Goodnight," she smiled and closed the door.

I went to bed smiling like an idiot high on sugar, my fingers twitching and brushing my lips; reminiscing of the feel of her lips.

I finally had something good in my life again.

I was bound and determined that I wouldn't make the same mistakes again.