Chapter Twenty-Eight

Warning: Has not been edited

I woke up the next morning in a soft bed. The thick comforter had been placed over me, trapping me in my own cocoon. I instantly recognized the room to be Decland's. On the small table beside the bed, a clock sat reading 9:40 am.

I groaned and closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to remember anything from the past couple of days.

With everything going on, I also still needed to practice for the competition. The first round is done in front of just the judges, but the two after that would be performed in front of an audience. I really needed to work on the stage fright situation as well.

I threw the comforter off of me and swung my legs over the side of the bed, my feet barely grazing the plush carpet.

Some one had changed me.

I am now in a long blue T-shirt and boxer shorts. I quickly figured them to be Decland's as well.

I walked down stairs, careful not to make a sound. I could hear a sizzling sound as I inched towards the kitchen.

As I stepped in, Sin's bare back greeted me. I stood in awe for a moment, watching the muscles in his back work as he tossed and flipped food. He was still not aware of my presence.

He started to sing lightly. His deep, husky voice carrying melodious tunes to my ears. He wasn't half bad. He was actually pretty frickin' good!

He turned around quickly, doing some kind of dance move. His eyes landed on mine and he immediately stopped and jumped back a little.

"Oh, Fuck!" He yelled.

I rushed over towards him and looked at his chest where a slight burn was appearing.

I hurriedly grabbed a washcloth was cool water and began to dab at it.

"I am so sorry! I did not mean to freak you out," I apologize in a rushed voice.

Yeah, he just caught you checking him out. Creep, my inner voice taunted.

I could feel the crimson on my cheeks as he looked down at me. An indecipherable look was perched in his clouded orbs.

His rough, callused hand sent shivers down my spine when he gently grabbed my wrist. His hand stopped mine but didn't move it away.

"It's okay," he whispered. His eyes searched mine as I felt myself sinking in his. I felt as if his words had a different meaning but it was too hard to focus with his proximity.

My fingertips were barely grazing his chest, but it was enough to feel the tiny tingles that erupted afterwards.

I took in a shaky breath as I broke eye contact and gently pulled my hand away.

I shouldn't be feeling this.

I didn't feel it with Decland and I have loved him for a long time.

At least...

I think I do..

Did...

Right?

God, my mind is in such a jumbled mess!

Even with Decland leaving in two days, when he told me, I didn't cry. I didn't break down and beg for him to stay.

You're supposed to cry when that kind of stuff happens, right?

Your boyfriend is leaving to god knows where and you won't see him until god knows when.

You're supposed to show some kind of emotion, right? Or shed a tear or two?

"Are you hungry?" Sin asks, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Are. You. Hungry?" He asked again.

"Uh, yeah."

He nodded towards the dining room table, telling me to sit.

A few minutes later, the most amazing looking breakfast in the entire world appeared in front of me.

Two plates were stacked with bacon, eggs, toast with jam, hash browns and a few pancakes topped with whipped cream, raspberries and blueberries.

I looked up at him to see him smiling at his work.

"You know I can't eat all of this right?" I ask smiling. His smile is contagious.

"Whatever you don't, I will," he laughed. I laughed along until we lapsed into a comfortable silence.

The chair beside me scraped the floor as it was pushed back.

He flopped down beside me with two forks. "Why don't we just share it?"

I nodded with another smile on my face. We both dug into the food. A moan escaped our mouths simultaneously which caused us to break into another fit of laughter.

It's morning like this that I could live for.

An idea popped into my head as we carried the empty plates to the kitchen.

"Hey, Sin?"

"Yeah?" He turned to look at me. His eyes shone with a happiness I've seen only a handful of times.

"Can you help me with something?" I ask. I began to have doubts on asking, but I was too far in to back out now.

"Sure, anything," a bright close lipped smile was plastered on his face.

I bit my lip, still unsure. Taking a deep breath, I rushed out the words.

"Willyoubemypartnerinthecompetition?"

His eyebrows furrowed, "huh?"

"Will you be my partner in the competition?" It was worth a shot. From what I heard, his voice was beautiful; like it was meant to be heard through a microphone at stadiums and stages.

His mouth parted slightly before a confused expression crossed his features.

"Why me?"

"Your voice is amazing! I heard you! It was... I can't even begin to describe it. It was perfect," I finish.

A smirk found his lips, "So you think my voice is perfect, huh?" He dropped his voice a few octaves, making it huskier and officially making my cheeks flame.

I slapped his arm playfully. "Seriously. Please?" I gave the best puppy face I could.

His expression turned serious, mulling it over.

"I'll think about it," he said. He pushed off the sink and walked towards the stairs.

I'll take what I can get.

Now, time to convince him for sure.