The Purple Bug

*Allison's POV*

I'm sitting in my recording studio, with a satisfied smile on my lips as a blissful sigh of relief escapes my lips. I just finished recording my new album, just on time too. I am the most popular female artist around, everyone wanted me, wants to be me and the most entertaining of all? Artist after artist wants to record with me, but I decline their offer as I see a hidden agenda behind it. Sure some may actually want to simply record with me but I also think it's my status that's really the reason, to make that artist more popular.

Usually when I decline someone's request to work with me, I'm polite and they leave it at that. But one particular musician is persistent, and it's starting to get irritating for me. I don't wanna have to be rude to him but he calls every week to ask, my patience is running very thin.

"Awesome job, Ali. The album is finished, how do you feel?" My manager, Don, asks.

"Incredible, all the weight on my shoulders about finishing this has been completely lifted." I sigh.

I decide to play back the last track I recorded just to make sure it's perfect, as I was listening my assistant, Seline, walks in.

"Allison, he's on the phone again." Seline sighs.

I roll my eyes and internally groan, him again? I stop the track and March down to my office, taking a deep breath before sitting down and picking up the phone.

"Mr Nelson, I believe this is the seventh call this month. You might break last months record." I greet with sarcasm.

I hear a deep chuckle on the other end, I frown. He obviously doesn't care.

"Really? Counting were you?" Prince asks.

I tap my freshly manicured nails on my desk. I can't understand why Prince Rogers Nelson...of all people are obsessed with working with me.

"Yes, my assistant and I have a bet going...if you break your record she owes me fifty bucks." I say back with an amused smile on my face that I hope he feels on the other end.

"Ooh, that's a fun bet. We could end it now and you just work with me? Think about it, we'd make a hell of a record but sadly you'd be fifty bucks down." He says confidently.

I scoff at his response, yeah like that'll happen.

"Nelson, what hasn't answer been for three months straight now?" I ask with a little too much attitude.

"I believe it goes like this, Hmm...Nope." He answers mocking my voice.

I bite my bottom lip to suppress making fun of him as a response, I'm trying to be the bigger person. But this is Prince we're talking about, he gets off on being a smart ass to people.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" He asks after a moment of silence.

"No I do, making sure I don't say anything I'll regret." I sigh.

"Come to my show tomorrow." He blurts out.

I raise an eyebrow.

"I beg your pardon?" I ask.

"I didn't stutter, come to my show. See it, then decide if you wanna work with me or not. You can judge your decision on what you see at the show." He offers.

"I'll pass, plus I'll miss watching the news on tv." I say.

Another chuckle rings through the phone, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Baby I am news, just come." He states.

I can feel his smug smirk on the other end, I smirk myself.