The Girl With The Cold But Broken Heart

*Allison's POV*

I swung open my door, storming inside. This cannot be happening, this isn't real. I won't accept this, my heart is pounding. I can't breathe, tears are streaming down my face. Oh my god...I can't do this. My phone keeps ringing off the hook but I don't want to deal with it, I see that there's hundreds of messages there. All from friends and family, but the majority of them are from Prince. He doesn't know what's going on, I was supposed to go see him. I'm not in the mood.

I fall to the floor and sob, how did this day turn out to be wonderful and then end so horribly? How am I supposed to go on? I can't go on...my head snaps into the direction of my front door once I hear a knock, I don't make a sound or move but the knocking continues. I continue to sit here until I hear a familiar voice.

"Allison, I know you're home. You're driver told me you're here." Prince's voice muffles behind the door.

I stand to my feet but I don't go to the door, I don't want to let him in. No that I need to because the Purple dwarf let's himself in anyway, I turn away so he doesn't see the state I'm in. I wipe away all the tears and try to get myself together, I clearly throats before speaking.

"What's going on? Why are you here?" I ask.

"You were supposed to come to Paisley Park after your Comic Con, remember? We were supposed to talk about where we stood." He says.

"Sorry, I lost track of time." I say as normal as possible, throwing in a little sarcasm so he doesn't suspect anything.

I can hear a few footsteps been taken closer to me.

"Your Comic Con event was finished hours ago, I've been calling you. What, were you with Dylan or others or something?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask.

Wanting to turn around but I haven't settled down enough yet to do so.

"Well after what I heard today it seems Dylan is keen on you." Prince says.

I scoff, alright. I turn around, Prince's expression softens once he sees the complete mess that I am.

"You want to know why I've been M.I.A since I left Comic Con? Because my sister called me, telling me our Mother has passed away. So no! I have not been with Dylan, I've been here...balling my eyes out on the floor..." I burst out in tears.

Prince's eyes well up in tears as he pulls me into his arms, holding me against him tightly

"Oh my god, Allison. I'm so sorry." He whispers.

I let it all out, breaking down in his arms. Unleashing everything in my being, Prince rubs my back in a soothing manner which helped somewhat. Him being there was all I needed, when we get news like this in the heat of the moment we just want to panic and be alone but what we really want is someone to be there with us.