To take a picture

Gravity Falls REBORN

Dipper's PoV

Macie has been really weird lately. She's been shaking, more so than normal, and she got really nervous after she told us about Soos, taking us to Scuttlebutt island. Speaking of....how did she know Soos was going to be here?! Let alone take us to the island? Also, why was she so stubborn and adamant on staying with Grunkle Stan?

Maybe she was scared about going on a monster hunt? No. She would have expressed it more without knowing. I just can't get over the fact that she knew, somehow knew,  that Soos was going to come and take us on the adventure. I'm going to bring it up as soon as I can...

Macie's POV

Laughing and fishing with Stan has been great! I just hope my slip up doesn't come back to bite me. I wait patiently for the others return, watching Stan try to wrangle a fish. It looks pretty big, he's struggling really hard, so I assume it'll be a trout or something. He finally reels it in with a victorious, "Hurrah!" and looks over to me wth triumph, puffing out his chest. Giggling I point to the line that's connected to the pole. 

He looks at me in confusion, turning his head he shouts, "Aw, CMON'!" upset that he caught a tiny pond smelt instead. I stifle my laughter to avoid upsetting him further. Settling down, I drift back off to think, while my great uncle is busy mumbling to himself, trying to catch another fish.

'So I slipped up. Bad. I don't think Mabel noticed, but Dipper definitely did for sure. He's not going to let this one down! I really don't want to lie to him, I'm not sure what to do right now. Gosh! I'm so stupid! How could I let that slip! And there's no way to deny it because I should not have known about Soos. At. All. I could make a lie saying that Soos told me he was going to the lake that day. But knowing Dipper he'll ask Soos about it, and Soos will have no idea what he's talking about, leading Dipper right back to me, more suspicious than before!'

I break out of my trance when I hear the sound of an engine and roaring waters. "Hey! Over here!" I hear Dipper call out to us, the S.S Cool Dude drives up all beat up and battered. 'Hah, just like before!' 

"What the--kids? I thought you two were off playing spin the bottle with Soos!" Stan questions them, still upset but not much. 'I hope!'  

"So, there's no room for three more?" Mabel asks with a sad smile, working her magic, I assume. 

Grunkle Stan's expression softens, "You knuckleheads ever seen me thread a hook with my eyes closed?"

"Five bucks says you can't do it!" Dipper bets, pointing at him, challengingly. He hops into the boat shortly after.

"You're on!" Grunkle Stan accepts the challenge.

"Five more bucks says you can't do it, AND with me screaming at the top of my lungs!" Mabel threatens.

"You're on!" Stan repeats.

After all three of them enter the boat, we start having lots of fun. Right now the photo montage would start, so I'm not really sure what will happen. I've already made a huge decision, I just hope I don't get in trouble. Nah, I'm getting in trouble. Oh well!

~~Time skip brought to you by: Lazy Susan trying to get fish to jump into her pan!~~

It's dusk now, and we are heading home. I'm waiting for the-THUMP-never mind! Ok I gotta go. So if you're wondering what I'm doing, and I'm guessing you are, I'm diving into the water to get that camera that falls into the lake after hitting a bump. Under there is the real Gobblewonker and I  intend on getting a picture of it!

I grab an extra camera sitting on the boat, right when Mabel asks Dipper, "What was that?" he makes an 'I don't know' noise and motion.

I jump in.

Right before I hit the water however, I can hear Mabel cry out for me.

"MACIE!" she cries, and I hit the water. Opening my eyes, I look around for the other camera that is going to be eaten. 'Aha! There it is....now let's see.'  I make myself float a little ways away from the sinking camera, in order to get a good shot.

Mabel's POV

"MACIE!" I scream, startling everyone on the boat. 

"What-what happened?" Dipper cries, sitting up from relaxing. 

"Macie! She-she dived into the water!  Didn't you guys hear the water!" I shout, angry that they didn't see my SISTER jump off the boat! 

"No? Oh my gosh, MACIE?" Dipper calls out looking over the edge of the boat. 

"Oh dude, oh dude, oh dude!" Soos panics, flipping his hands wildly. 

"Grunkle Stan, please go save our sister!" I cry, tears gathering into my eyes, now falling loosely onto the boat. Dipper sees me and comes over to comfort me, rubbing my back. 

"It'll be okay Mabel, Grunkle Stan will save her!" he assures me, but I don't think he's too sure himself. 

"Oh shoot!" Grunkle Stan yells, jumping into the water.

Macie's POV

While waiting for the right moment to come, I hear a big splash in the water, as if someone jumped in. 'Which someone probably did jump in, knowing the Pines family is very protective.'  I frantically move my head around to see where the monster is. THERE! Ok one, two......*clic- I suddenly get jerked from the gut into somebody's arms.

He brings us back onto the surface and onto boat. I cough and splutter from the sudden jerk when he grabbed me. "Oh my gosh! Macie are you alright?!" Mabel asks, worriedly, trying to help me up, then she gave me a towel. 

"*cough*cough* Yea-yeah I'm fine, what the heck Stan, I had it under control!" I sputter. 

"What! I just saved ya, kid!" he retorts, probably mad that I didn't thank him. 

"Saved me? No I was fine until you jerked me upwards from the stomach! That really-*cough*- hurt!"

"Then why the heck were you in the water for? Without asking, or even telling us?!" Stan shouts back even more angry then before.

"I-I-I was trying to take a picture of-" he cuts me off.

"Take a picture? Of what? There's nothing in the water but fish! I can't believe you did that kid, you could have died!" Stan turns back around and the boat's engine revs up. I go back and sit silently, leaning onto Soos. Dipper hasn't said a word, either. I was fine! I had everything under control, too! I hope I got that picture...Looking in the camera footage I see the picture I took. I hear footsteps near me, so I hide the camera really quick.

"Hey sis, h-how you doin'?" Mabel asks with a sad smile.

"I'm fine Mabel," I say firmly. She sighs and sits behind me, attempting to braid my hair. 

"You wanna tell me why you jumped into the lake?" My sister insists on me telling her. 

"I'll tell you and Dipper when we get home, ok?" I didn't mean to snap, but she flinched anyways. When I turned around to apologize, she was already gone, whispering to Dipper about something. 'Ugggghh, I messed everything up! Now Grunkle Stan thinks I'm an irresponsible little girl, and I made Mabel upset!'

'I have to tell them'

'What? No not that I know everything, I meant the picture I took!'

Sighing, I look down at the camera in my lap. I put it to my face to get a good look at the picture. I only got one but this is perfect! I got a little bit of the head and some neck! Yes! This'll be great for sure! I hope Dipper and Mabel appreciate it...

Wow! Super long chapter I know! Anyways, how did you like the twist at the end there? I always saw the camera in the water, and the monster comes and eats it. So I thought about having my person dive in to get a picture for her siblings, who she knows that worked so hard to get a photo. Anyways! I'm back from the beach and I hope all you guys enjoy! Don't forget to R&R

Thanks :3