Don't Give Up

I throw myself off the floor, head moving every which way to find the culprit of the ear-piercing scream that just happened. "Uh, did you scream Dipper?"

He looks to me and nods his head, "I just had a horrible dream that Gideon stole the deed to the Mystery Shack, and kicked us out, and... we all had to move in with Soos's grandma?" Before I can confirm his dream, Soos beats me.

Nonchalantly, he shakes his head, "That was no dream, dude."

Dipper dramatically screams again, causing everyone else to slowly rise from their slumber and rub their eyes. "Seriously?" I ask while the others groan.

"Shh. Por favor." We look up to the couch to see Soos's grandma, Abuelita, shushing us with a finger to her lips. I throw an expectant look towards my brother, who then rubs the back of his neck.

"Uh, sorry, Abuelita."

I watch as Mabel gets up close and personal to the old lady and starts playing with her cheeks. I raise an eyebrow and try to ignore it, but I can't not look. "Oh, Soos, your grandma is so adorable! And her skin is old lady soft." 'This is so weird...'

"Mabel! Quit bein' creepy!" 'Oh thank, Thor! Grunkle Stan to the rescue!'  "The news is finally on." Turning our heads, in unison, we see that the news is, in fact, just coming on. We all sit and listen to what Shandra Jimenez says about the new location and then changes to an interview with Gideon Gleeful.

"I have a big announcement to make today, and I'd like to cordially invite all the good people of Gravity Falls to join me. Free admission to anyone who wears their Gideon pins! It's my face!" 'Yuck.' I throw my spoon I was using to eat cereal with at the TV screen.

Dipper sighs and leans his cheek on his right hand, which is being elevated on his knee," I just can't believe Gideon beat us. Normally I'm able to save the day. This is all my fault."

"Dude, you couldn't have known Gideon was going to come in with a freaking wrecking ball! What makes this your fault?" I ask, patting his back, a little too hard.

Wincing, and shoving my hand off of himself, he replies sadly, "Well, I should have thought of a plan on the fly..."

"Don't worry, Dipper. Looks like Mabel's going to have to be the hero of the family now. I'll defeat Gideon with my...Grappling hook!" Mabel pulls her hook from her sweater and holds it up high.

Dipper and I share a glance, both raising our eyebrows, except he crosses his arms, "Mabel, no offense, but that grappling hook has literally never helped us once."

"Yeah, you've never really brought it out unless you turn off the lights sometimes..." I add.

"Oh yeah? Jelly grab!" She launches her hook to an end table by Abuelita and it goes through a jelly jar, splattering the jam all over the walls. 'Why. Why was there a jar of jelly by the couch!?!'

"I vacuum the walls now." The lady pulls out a vacuum out of nowhere and starts cleaning the walls. Slowly turning my head from- whatever that was- Soos lifts a hand and tries to make us feel better.

"So you lost the Shack. Look on the bright side, dudes! Now you get to live here with me, Soos! Hey, anyone want to play race cars? They're out of batteries but we can make pretend." The man-child coughs up a couple pieces of food. 'Froot Loops? Also, that's disgusting!' I look away so as to not have to look at the revolting sight. "Would that be a new low if I ate that? Haha I'm just kidding, I'm totally eating it!"

"Soos, don't you dare! I will cut you if you do, because that is absolutely horrific." I glare at him with a pointed finger, completely and utterly serious.