Not Attracted To Roadsides

"So, did anything happen with you and Ford while we were gone?" I ask Dipper, sitting on my bed criss-crossed and munching on some chips.

"Well, we Bill-proofed our minds...er, tried to before I kinda messed everything up when I tried looking into Ford's head..." Dipper rubs his arm guiltily.

"Haha!" I set down my bag of chips. "How was it when the screen repeated 'Wendy' a ton of times?" I laugh harder when his eyes go wide and his cheeks stain bright pink.

"No-not funny, Macie!" 

"Sure it is! I mean- look at your face! It's bright red now!" I chuckle as he slams his face into his cotton pillow.

"Hey guys, GUESS WHAT!?" Mabel shouts, bursting into the room. The bag of chips, I was once again holding, flew into the air and over the side of my bed, crumbs going everywhere comically.

"What, Mabe- what the heck?" the boy breathes after taking his face out from his pillow and stops talking to look at the ground which is now covered in salty potato goodness.

"Don't ask..." I grumble irritably, my face in my hand.

"Okay then..." I hear Dipper's voice trail, then direct to Mabel, who is, I'm assuming from the constant and loud thumps, jumping up and down in place. "What, Mabel?"

"I'm glad you asked, my dear brother!" I hear her finger snaps.

'You're the one who screamed 'Guess what'!'

"Grunkle Stan said we're going on a road trip tomorrow! I'm so excited, are you excited? Oh this is so exciting!" She jumps in glee, squealing.

"Ughhhh.....nooooooo." Wailing, I fall back into my bed.

"What's wrong, Macie?" I hear Mabel's hopping stop and I can just imagine her head tilted with her cute, innocent, confused face plastered on.

"Uh, Mabes, Macie hates cars, which means she hates road trips because of her motion sickness." I lift my head up.

"Thank you, Dipper." 'I'm glad he understands me!'

"Oh, right, sorry!" Mabel grins and sheepishly rubs her neck.

"Do I have to go?" I look pleadingly to Dipper.

"Well...what else does the episode have in it?" The brunette gestures his hand up.

"Nothing..." I sigh, "It's literally just the road trip in this episode and it sucks because there's no plot!" I throw my hands up in defeat.

"Then you're coming for sure!" Mabel says adamantly.

"Fiiiiine!" I draw out.

We don't speak for a little bit while we do our own things, like Mabel getting ready for bed, or me hand-vacuuming the floor to clean up the crumbs and Dipper who is, not surprisingly, sifting through the journal.

"Hey, Macie," Dipper asks, not looking away from the page he's on. I 'hmm' in question. "Wendy was asking about you yesterday, she seemed on edge and said that you locked yourself in the bedroom...I was gonna ask you, but you were already asleep last night."

'Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!'

"Uhhhhh, Wendy? On edge? Pfft, it was probably some other tall, red-haired, green plaid-wearing, teenager!" 

"Macie..." Dipper now looks to me, a stern look on his face as he crosses his arms.

"Okay, fine!" Mabel now looks alert at my outburst. "Wendy said she overheard me and Mabel's conversation on the walk back home yesterday! So, naturally, I panicked and ran out of there before she could stop me, then locked myself in our room."