Northwest Mansion Macie

'Why do we not have anything good for breakfast?' I whine in my head as I inspect cabinets left and right for some decent food. 'There's only canned meat and other random stuff!'  I throw my hands up in exasperated defeat, sighing and exiting to the living room.

Entering said living room, I see Dipper on the yellow chair with piles of good foods. He's not wearing his hat or vest, either. "Oh come on!" I shout, arms out in front of me gesturing to the boy.

"What!? What happened?!" Dipper jumps up, startled. 'Did he not know I was standing there?!' Seeing me, he calms down a little bit and sits back down. "Macie? What's wrong?" he asks.

"Nothing, only that I've been scrounging around the kitchen for like fifteen minutes looking for food!" I move my, still extended, hands sporadically at his surrounding food.

"Oh, uh..." My brother looks around sheepishly before slowly extending a wrapped cookie towards me. "Wanna cookie...?" he tries, giving me a sad smile. I glare at him, pout, cross my arms, look away, then look back at him and gingerly take the cookie.

"Yes..." I chomp on it after ripping open the packaging.

"Haha, you're a riot, Macie," Dipper chortles and smacks his right knee. "Anyway, sorry about taking all the good food," I look to the TV when he gestures to it, "the Used To Be About History Channel is having a forty-eight hour marathon on Ghost Harassers! So I ain't movin' 'til sunset." He pats his belly for emphasis.

"Yeah, we'll see about that..." I grumble and look away.

"Huh?" he questions, confused. Before I can think of an excuse to answer with, the TV statics out for a moment before changing to the news channel, Toby Determined in front.

"We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news!"

"Aww, what!?" Dipper sits up but then gets shoved by the one and only Mabel.

"It's starting!" the girl cries, taking her forced spot to Dipper's left.

"Turn it up!" a new voice enters, taking Dipper's other side, Candy.

"MAKE ROOM FOR GRENDA!" And, you guessed it, Grenda jumps on top of the pile of children, breaking a lamp in the progress.

Unable to get up, Dipper slouches in defeat, while I look on in amusement and the TV keeps playing. "Well tonight's the night, but I've been out here for days! The Northwest family's annual high-society-shindig-ball-soiree is here! And even though common folk aren't let in, that doesn't stop us from camping out for a peek at the fanciness!" The dirtied reporter reports from outside the mansion's gates.

"Okay, can someone please explain why people care about this?" I ask, smirking.

"Yeah! Macie, you took the words right out of my- wait..." Dipper gets ignored but not before I laugh knowingly.

Grenda gives me a look that says 'Are you kidding me right now?' "It's pretty much the best party of all time. Rich food, richer boys!"

"Ah yes, need all the boys and money you can get." I roll my eyes sarcastically. Grenda didn't get the memo so she only nodded eagerly, thinking I was being serious.

"They say each gift basket has a live quail inside!" Mabel gushes.

"Aww, I love quails!" I state after taking a sip of Dipper's juice box.

The only boy in the room scoffs and tries, but ultimately fails, to cross his arms, "Guys, in case you've already forgotten, Pacifica Northwest is the worst." He emphasizes the worst part. I cover my lips as to not laugh too early.