Macie And The Real World

'Did they leave?'  I peek an eye out from my blanket, searching the room for any signs of twin life. 'Good thing they know to let me sleep in the morning!'  I come to the conclusion that they aren't here, which is good, because I'm not ready to talk to them yet. 'Best avoid them until I can't anymore... Is that rude? Naaah...!'

On my way down the ladder I pet Chat who is sitting at the end of my bed, and hop onto the floor, walking over the the shared drawer Mabel and I have been using this summer. I put on my usual clothes, sighing at my lack of variation. I was supposed to be in L.A. for one day, given my one set of clothes, but for some reason the universe decided to multiply this set so now I have, like, thirteen pairs of the same thing.

Boringly making my way downstairs, I find myself lured into the gift shop. I hear the voices of Wendy, Mabel, Dipper, and Stan. Alluring. I must go see what the fuss is about.

I barge through the door, accidentally causing it to slam into the wall, and blush when all eyes turn to me. Taking a deep breath, then coughing, I speak my curiosity, "What's goin' on?"

"Eh, not wondering what Soos does when he's not at work."

I face palm. Right, it's Soos and the Real Girl. 'Darn, if I was still a ghost I could have possessed an animatronic! This episode was straight up sending an homage to FNAF...and I love it!'

"So, why did Soos leave so early?"  'It's not like him to leave so early...right?'

"Macie, it's like, six thirty," Wendy tells me, not looking away from playing with a Chinese finger trap.

"WHAT!?" I stand there, abashed, and pull out my phone. Six thirty four. 'Yeesh, why did I wake up so late?!'  "Uh, can anyone tell me why I was asleep so late?"

"I will! Let's go!"

"Whoa!" I yip as Mabel tugs me by the arm into the other room, and soon after, I hear Dipper make an excuse and join us. "Mabel! Why did you pull me like that!? And- what's with you two!?" I ask, their faces feigning weird looks.

Dipper clears his throat, so I look to him and his eyes move up and down my form, making me self conscious until I realize what they mean. 'Oh- OH!' I chuckle, embarrassingly.

"When did you turn back!?" Mabel smiles, awaiting my answer.

"Oh! Uh," I blush under their gazes, "last night, after we were done talking I started to slowly turn back. But I still don't know why I slept in so late..."

"Why didn't you tell us right when you started to turn back?" Dipper ignores my question.

"Uhhhh, I didn't feel like it? Plus you two were already crawling into bed and Mabel's puppet was all the way on on nightstand and ugh, I was tired," I draw out in a whine. You can't blame me for being lazy!

"Well, that's good that you're back to normal! Can we talk now?" Dipper smiles as he places a hand on his hip.

"Uh, well, I need an answer to MY question first!" I think on the fly, trying to hold off as long as I can. 'We should really be getting back on script, or this show will never end!' 

"Well, I guess it could be your body readjusting itself, maybe fatigue?" Dipper makes some good points.

"Okay, fair enough... I guess it doesn't help that I was stuck awake last night on iFunny..." I mumble that last part, but, beside me, Mabel giggles as she covers her mouth.

"Alright, since that's settled! Let's head up into our room, get ready for bed, and talk!" The boy lands a fist in his palm.

I fidget with my ring, rubbing my wrist self consciously for some reason as well. "Uh, I'm hungry! You guys go on ahead and I'm gonna get something to eat! K, BYE!" I run out of the room hastily, calming down after getting into the kitchen. 'Can I hide in the fridge?' I think to myself, opening the door, then slumping in disappointment. 'Dang, no room...and also no food...' *Sigh*