The Dam Collapses

After Soos drops us off at home, he leaves with his new game, eager to play it. "Welp! I'm off to bed!" I stiffly try to escape up the stairs, only getting two fists to hold me back.

"Ohhhhh, my dear sister, I'm sure you think you are." I slowly turn my head to see Dipper and Mabel smiling evilly, except that's just my perception from watching too much anime, because in reality Mabel is smiling sweetly while Dipper looks pretty smug.

"Really, guys?" I groan.

"Yup! Dipper told me about earlier! Plus there is no way you're getting out of it this time!" she giggles, clapping her hands together giddily.

I sigh but lead the way anyway. Allowing the twins in front of me as I hold the door open, I then close the door and lock it, trying not to laugh at Dipper's comically loud gulp. "Right, where were we?!" I ask in a terrifyingly cheery voice.

The nervous boy wrings his hands together, "You were talking about, uh, favorite TV shows..." he reminds me with a finger pointed up.

"Right!" I clasp my hands together and point to the other girl in the attic, "Mabel, what's your favorite TV show? Not Dream Boy High because that's a movie," I ask, already knowing what she's going to say.

She pouts and thinks for a moment before smiling and responding, "Duck-tective!"

"Right, and Dipper's is Ghost Harassers." I look to him and he nods. "Anyway, uh, like I told Dipper, I have many favorites- I can't choose just one- but one of the best cartoons slash TV shows that I got into and hooked on...that show was called..." I look away, hoping Soos would just come crashing into our room any moment now. Counting to three, nodding my head with each number, I take a deep breath and just blurt it out, "That show was called Gravity Falls."

I will myself to open my eyes I had recently closed when I said the show title, to see Mabel with her jaw hanging out and Dipper to be looking surprised. "Th-that's it?! You were keeping that as a secret!?"

Before I could respond, Mabel jumps up, "OMG I didn't know Gravity Falls had a TV show! How many episodes are there, is Grunkle Stan in it?! Ew what if Gideon's in it?" Her giddiness dies down when mentioning the little troll.

"Wait, guys-!"

"Macie, why didn't you tell us the town we were staying in was part of a TV show? Maybe that's how you knew some stuff, because you've seen Gravity Falls before, right?!" The boy smiles, his eyes wide with wanting to know the answer.

"Guys, STOP!" I shout, causing them to blink a couple times and step back, their arms now limp on their sides. "Sorry- but, that's not what I meant! Ho-how do I even explain this to you! Uh," I wrack my brain. 'Oh, I have an idea!' I pull up my phone and quickly type in what I want, the twin's gazes not ceasing from my hands, "Here!" I read off the synopsis for Gravity Falls, "Twins Dipper and Mabel Pines are sent to spend the summer with their great-uncle, Grunkle Stan, in the mysterious town of Gravity Falls, Oregon. Grunkle Stan has the kids help him run The Mystery Shack, the tourist trap that he owns. The twins try to adapt to the weird surroundings but sense there is something strange about Gravity Falls and begin to unlock its secrets. When Dipper uncovers a cryptic journal that offers insight into the town's mysteries, he and Mabel use it and their enthusiastic desire to vanquish evil to battle the imminent mysteries that surround them," I say all in one breath, now breathing heavily.

"Uhhh?" Dipper speaks after a few minutes of silence.

"I know, I know," I put my hand up and start pacing, "I didn't want you guys to find out but I'm too stupid to actually keep a secret for that long. You're both probably extremely confused right now and I'm not sure how to explain this." A hand on my shoulder stops me from my rambling.