Who Ya Gonna Call?

Guest: You seem like a really annoying person in real life.

My Response: Maybe I am, or maybe that's just who I am. If you feel the need to call me out on that, the only thing I can tell you is to not read my story if it bothers you so much. Did you not read the summary? This story is about me, and if you don't like the way I am foretold in this story, don't read it, simple as that :)

Pacifica leads me and Dipper through some ominous halls and we finally reach the 'problem room'. Taking leadership, I watch as Dipper slowly opens the door, eliciting a loud, drawn out creaking noise to ring in our ears. "Whoa." he breathes out, taking in the terrifying sights of the room.

I involuntarily shiver, feeling the gaze of all the stuffed animal heads on the wall. "This is the main room where it's been happening," I hear the blond tell my brother.

He hums in acknowledgement, "Yep, this looks like the kind of room that would be haunted, all right. I wouldn't worry about it, though." Taking out the journal, the twelve year old holds it up and points to a page, "Ghosts fall on a ten-category scale. Floating plates sound like a category one."

"But a haunting is a haunting, what if it's a poltergeist or something? Those are malicious!" I speak up my concerns.

"Eh, ghosts like these are relatively harmless." Dipper smiles and waves me off. 'Says the guy who was asking me if anything bad was going to happen today...'  I scoff and cross my arms.

"So, what? Are you gonna bore him back into the afterlife by reading from this book?" I shake my head in agreement with Pacifica, who smirks and 'harrumphs'.

"Just gotta splash this sucker with some anointed water," Dipper pulls out a small potion bottle of water out of nowhere, "and he should be out of your probably-fake blonde hair."

I quirk an eyebrow, "You mean holy water?" 

"No, anointed," he retorts.

"What was that about my hair!" Pacifica squeals, probably just now processing his last line.

"Nice burn, bro-bro," I praise but he shushes us instantly.

"Guys, shh! I'm picking something up!" he whispers, yet again pulling something out from his pockets seemingly out of nowhere. 'There's no way an EMF detector would fit in his pocket without some kind of bulge! Darn cartoons...'

We follow silently over to the lumberjack painting where Dipper stops and slaps his device, after it cut out for a moment. Instead of looking down at the remote like the other two do, I keep staring at the painting, wanting to see him disappear right before my eyes. He doesn't disappear. "There we go," I hear the boy to the right of me mumble as he gets his thingy-ma-bob back online.

'Why isn't he gone?!' I start to sweat nervously, 'Crap, did I mess things up!?'  I squeeze my eyes shut and pray that the ghost in the portrait will leave. Opening one eye reluctantly, I breathe a huge sigh of relief and wipe a shaky hand across my forehead, seeing that he's gone. "Dip?" I ask anxiously, not feeling him near me anymore, nor did I feel him leave.

"Ahh!" My body swings around instantaneously after hearing Pacifica's shrill cry in fear. I see her near the wall of animal heads. The orifices in them start to leak blood down the walls and onto the floor. To the other wall, near the windows, I see Dipper in a defensive stance, looking around. Pacifica runs to him for safety as the fireplace erupts. 

"ANCIENT SINS. ANCIENT SINS. ANCIENT SINS," the animal heads chant as the flames get bigger. I take a step back, only to trip cliche-like. 

"Oof!" The air in my lungs shoots out involuntarily. I can hear the two kids yell in the distance, but I can't comprehend or remember what they are saying.