Blood Red

We decide to head up to another house, after listening to Dipper's complaining for a minute and getting tired of that. "Come on guys, let's do this house!" I point to a normal looking house with a watermelon on the porch. I lead the way and ring the door bell. Lazy Susan comes out, dressed as a big ball of yarn, her cats all over her. 'Awwwww! They are SO cute!! What? I love cats!'

"Trick-or-treat!" we politely say in unison, holding our bags out.

The lady smiles and looks to each of us, naming off who we are. 'Albeit, terribly!' " And is everyone in costume? Chimney sweep, elephant man, squeegee, ant farm! Oh and what are you supposed to be?" she asks Dipper, who was nonchalantly standing to the side, hands buried in his shorts pockets.

'Ok, I know what happens here and I do not want just one piece of candy! Time to save the day!'

"Actually-" I cut Dipper off.

"ACTUALLY!" I jump in front of him, my arms out wide, accompanied by the biggest, most fake, smile I can conjure. "He! He, um, he is a lonely tree farmer, given his pine tree hat, and he is very, um, poor! He's very poor, and couldn't afford anything else!" 'Nailed it!'

I try not to laugh at Dipper's face, hoping Susan will buy it. "Well, isn't that lovely! Here's your candy!" She dumps a bunch of candy into each of our bags and shuts her door.

"Yes, alright!" I dramatically leap into the air, also punching it with my fist.

"That was great, Macie! Lucky she swooped in and saved ya eh, Dipper?" Mabel praises, elbowing our brother in his side.

Dipper rubs his spleen, "Yeah, great!" I can tell his voice is wavering between actually relieved and annoyed.

"Okay, if that got us that much candy, we have to up our game, Dipper!" Mabel tries to reason with the overly stubborn twelve year old.

"I told you, Mabel, I'm just not up for it!" Dipper fake coughs. All of a sudden, some jack-o-melons around us go out, making it dark in our area. We look up and see a big black spider-like thing climb over a rooftop. 'I'm not scared, I've seen this episode like, a bazillion times!' He crawls all the way down to our view and sticks his masked face into ours.

'Screw this I'm out! This is terrifying up close, in person!' I turn around stiffly, mouth in a straight line, and start walking, not bending my knees when I do.

I hear someone run up to me, 'Gosh I hope it's not the Trickster...' and grab my shoulder. I scream and jump, turning around, ready to fight, when I see Soos. "Gosh, Soos! You scared the crap out of me!" I scold him, still pretty shaken up.

"Sorry, Macer. It's uh, just, the Trickster needs to talk to all of us, and he wanted me to get you..." Soos wrings his hands nervously.

"Okay, but I am not talking to him!"

"Yeah, Dipper and Hambone are already talking to him about your, uh, situation."

"Good. Let's go." I cross my arms and start trudging my way back. 

"As I was saying," the Summerween Trickster continues his dialogue after Soos and I get back to the group. "I've seen better," he says, holding up a bag of candy, barely full. He grabs a jack-o-melon and blows it out, "Tick-tock." The creepy monster whispers and takes his leave, crawling back over the house and out of sight. 

Mabel turns to Dipper, placing her hands on her hips and looking to him with a pout, "So what was that about being too sick to wear a costume?" One eyebrow quirked. He re-stuffs his hands back into his pockets and sighs, kicking a small rock in defeat.