The Deepest End

I wake up with a pounding headache as I groan in pain and despair. I recall the previous events and moan while slipping out of bed, sloppily putting light clothes on due to the random heat. 'Ugh, it's 'The Deep End'. My forehead and neck already start to sweat by the time I make my way to the living room.

Soos, Mabel, Dipper, and Stan are all lying on the ground, sweating profusely and fanning themselves. "Uhh, guys?" I look around awkwardly. I'm not even sure if they're even alive by how they look...'Just kidding, that would be morbid for a kid's show, *Cough 'Bill Cipher shuffles the functions of every hole in your face...' cough*

In response, they all just groan and moan. 'Tough crowd...' Mabel is the first to get up as she turns on the TV, only to flop back down. I keep my position in the doorway and just stare at the four of them, until the TV plays the news, talking about the opening of the Gravity Falls Pool. Instantaneously, everyone gets up and starts shaking eagerly with excitement.

"Gravity Falls Pool?"

"Today?"

"Pun intended?"

"Quick! To the car!"

The mystery squad rolls out and about, each going to their rooms to, presumably, change into their swimsuits. Standing and holding my head from the pounding headache, everyone else zooms by, getting towels and the sort for the pool.

"Guyss!" I moan, causing Mabel to stop and come over, having been the closest.

"What? Why aren't you getting ready?"

"Ready?....Ugh I'm just so confused! About yesterday and I have this raging headache!"  Mabel's face turns to concern when I mentioned yesterday and she quickly changes the subject.

"Ehh, I'll get you some pills for your head and you go get changed!"

I roll my eyes, stopping and wincing from the pain, but make my way upstairs anyways. 'I don't even remember packing a swimsuit for the trip with my mom, why would I have one now?' I scrounge around my room a little more before I give up and head back down.

I find Mabel in the kitchen, pouring some juice in a glass. "Hey, I got your juice and pills!" She smiles as she watches me walk in.

"Thanks, Mabel, but I don't have a swimsuit, I looked all over."

"Wha wha what! How did you not pack a swimsuit for summer!?" She jumps up with dramatic surprise.

"I don't know! Up until the bus ride I don't remember anything, remember?!"

"Is that still a thing? Sorry Macie, I didn't know you still didn't remember. Maybe you hit your head to cause it- *Gasp*- what if it's permanent! And now you can never remember anything!"

"Woah, relax Mabel!" 'I should keep it reasonable and possible...' "I, uh, I remember everything except the, uh, week! Yeah, the week before we were shipped off, so don't worry about me." 'I think that suffices!'

I hear Mabel mumble under her breath very quietly, "Don't worry about you? Pfft, Dipper and I are beyond worried..." but I don't ask her about it. I down my pills really quick and wipe the excess juice from my lip.

"So, you guys can go without me then, since I don't have a swimsuit..."

All of a sudden her charming and sporadic demeanor comes back into life as she throws her face into mine, "What! No way are we leaving you here on the hottest day of the year! We'll go to a store so we can get a fancy new one!" I don't have time to respond as I am already getting dragged out of the shack and into the car.