Spider Dance

It's the next day, after an uneventful and sleepless night, I'm tired and not ready to get this show on the road...quite literally if you think about. "Alright, campers. We got another day 'a breakin' laws and breakin' hearts. Everything up until now has been a walk in the park compared to our next attraction," our Grunkle explains, almost regretfully.

"Is it a walk in the world's biggest park?" Mabel excitably asks. I yawn.

"You okay, Mace?" I jump, startled by the sudden voice in my left ear. Dipper is leaning towards me with a worried look on his face.

"Huh- oh, yeah, yeah," I yawn again while finishing, "just tired..."

Stan waits for us to be done and then continues, "Eh, sort of. There she is, kids. Mystery Mountain. Five times the size of the Mystery Shack, and what's worse: she has real attractions." Stan gestures to look out the window at the mountain in the distance.

I hear a whoosh in the air and look up to see Candy has thrown her hand upwards. "Oh! I have read about this place. It has a sky tram. And a mummy museum. And sightings of half human, half spider creatures."

'Nooooo! I don't like spiderrrrsss....' I moan and groan into my hands.

"Even their made up legends are better than ours. Today, the mountain falls." I ignore the old man talk about his plans.

"You sure you're alright?" Dipper slowly grabs my hands and moves them off my face, reading me like the journal, I'm assuming, since he isn't speaking and his eyes are moving every which way.

"Mmfiine..." I yawn again and push him away sloppily.

"Uh, question, Grunkle Stan!" Mabel asks warily, eyeing me the same way as Dipper. "The back seat makes me car sick. Can I sit up front today?"

"Mabel, maybe you should let Macie-" Dipper starts but gets cut off by Grenda. 

She speaks loudly over everyone, "Also question. I'm the size of two people. Can I have a whole seat to myself?" My head lands back down onto the table with a loud *thud*.

"Macie!" Dipper cries and lifts my, heavy feeling, head. My eyes half-lidded, I see him he gasp, "Macie, you're hot!"

"Thanks, Dipper, I always knew I was smokin'," I attempt to flip my hair sassily, but only ended up getting whiplash in the process. I groan and put my aching noggin back down, but this time into my elbow for comfort.

"Guys! Macie's sick, we should call off the trip!" Dipper practically screams, given how sensitive everything is for me right now.

"No, you gotta finish this episode, Dip'," I whisper to him after pulling him down to my level.

"R-right, but, what about you- are you gonna be alright?!"

"Whoo! Change up!" Mabel finally yells her lines and pushes Dipper out of our shared booth, shoving him into a couch with Candy as Grenda takes the booth across from me for herself and Mabel takes shotgun.

I look up and grin at Dipper's dismay as he says, "But wait! That means it'll just be me and-"

The Korean girl next to him sits up straight and blushes, though it's probably not as bad as my cheeks right now...'probably... I can't see them.'

"Candy Chiu! Sixth grade!" she blurts, abashedly. 

I stifle a chuckle as the male jumps back, crying out in surprise, "Whoa! Hey!" It goes quiet for a while until Dipper's voice speaks up again, saying, "You're sitting too close..." awkwardly.

Then, giggling erupts in front of me, so I open my eyes and see Mabel and Grenda, their shoulders shaking in laughter and then the loud noise of curtains scratching against a metal pole as they close it to give the two privacy.