Karaoke Dokie

I walk around aimlessly on the dance floor. Soos turns down the lights, calling out in his microphone, "Now we're gonna bring it down for a minute. Ladies, dudes, now's the time." At that point, all of the couples, and some randoms, turn to each other and dance slowly. 'Meh..slow dancing sucks'. I make my way over to Soos.

I lean up over the DJ stand because it's pretty tall and I'm shortened in height to fit with the twins. "Psst, Soos!" I get his attention from focusing on his music.

"Oh, wassup Macer?" He uses his pet name for me, taking off his headphones.

"I wanna sing a song too...." I nervously rub my arm, stomach growing anxious. 'I've always wanted to sing my favorite song on stage...this is a dream, a fantasy! Nothing bad can come from it...right?'

"Sure thing! Do you have a disc for it or...?" He trails off.

"What? Oh yeah yeah, no wait, here," I shake my head, breaking through my thoughts and worries. I pull up an instrumental form of the song from 'YouTube' on my phone. "Use this please!" I smile. He eagerly takes it and sets it up

"Alright it's all ready to g-" Soos gets cut off.

"Hey, Soos, look! A glowing dot!" Dipper suddenly appears, shining a red laser dot onto the wall behind the DJ, successfully distracting him. I squint my eyes, just barely seeing the number 10 on his hat where his pine tree is suppose to be.

"Hey! I see you, don't do that, I was gonna sing!" I walk over to number 10, trying to stop him from putting in the 'Wendy' disc.

He sees me, sweating anxiously. "O-oh hey, Macie! I was uh-you know, putting in a track..." He tries to wave me off, trying to get me to buy what he's selling.

"Dude, I see the number ten!" I point to his hat, "Stop making copies of yourself, wait why am I talking to you like you're you? Never mind," I throw my arms up in defeat, yawning, not having the energy to deal with this right now, "I'll sing after, just hurry up and do your plan!"

I walk off, watching 'Dipper' give me a dubious look. I turn around all the way, quickly, making him jump in surprise from afar. I make the 'I'm watching you' eyes, pointing to my eyes, then to his. I laugh, seeing him visibly gulp.

I spot Mabel sitting down on some chairs talking to, what it looks like, Grenda and Candy. 'Stupid lights, hurting my eyes.' I stumble over, tripping on some oblivious people, and sit down next to my sister. "Mabel, do you know if we have any Tylenol? My head hurts from all the lights." I shield and squint my eyes.

"Yeah!" She hops up and out of her chair, "I'll get some really quick, you go get a drink to take them with and then I'll introduce you to my best-ies!!" She tells me, motioning to her best friends in a super excited manner. They wave shyly at getting mentioned. I wave back, even more awkward then how they did.

I excuse myself, cringing at how awkward I am in social situations. I shuffle to the snack table, just in time to see Stan chasing after a bill on a fishing rod hook, shouting, "Moneyyy!" I laugh and grab a plastic cup. Taking a 'Sharpie' I think about what name to write down for myself. Thinking for a few seconds, I laugh to myself and scribble on 'Blar Blar' as an inside joke on my behalf.

"Here ya go!" I hear Mabel squeal from behind my ear. Shouting in surprise and jumping at least 3 feet in the air, I turn around and pout at her, putting my hands on my hips. She giggles and holds out her hand, revealing one white pill. I thank her silently and take the pill. Grabbing my cup I forgot I didn't even pour a drink.

'Why do I always forget everything I'm doing!?' I scowl at myself, grabbing the two liter of 'Pitt Cola'. 'I've always wondered what this tastes like...'  I finish pouring, sloppily screwing on the cap and setting the half empty bottle back down onto the table. I swish around the pink liquid, gathering up the courage to drink it. Closing my eyes I tip the cup to my lips, getting a little sip before opening my eyes and looking down at the drink.