Macie Vs Reality

Mabel's POV

I wake up bright and early this morning! I yawn and stretch, putting my arms above my head and twisting my torso. Getting dressed, I quickly glance at the clock, 7:45, perfect timing! I boop Dipper on the nose, then start skipping to the door, leading down to the main floor of the shack, when I hear a faint noise. 'I-is that, crying?' I creep back, making sure I tip toe so I don't upset this person anymore. I look over to Dipper, he sometimes gets nightmares, seeing that he's a-ok I look over and up to Macie, her blankets just slightly shivering.

I climb her ladder, about 4 steps up, and peek over the bars. There, all bundled up in her weird yellow mouse thing, blanket, was Macie, crying and shaking violently. I don't wait any longer to jump up and shake her awake. She turns over and faces me, tears falling freely, it makes my heart hurt, knowing that she was already awake. 

"Macie? What's wrong?" I whisper, afraid that anything louder would make her flinch in the slightest. Eyes big and full of tears, she wipes them away fast.

"No-nothing Mabel, it's, it's nothing." She tries to give me a smile, but even that's too hard for her at the moment. I slip my shoes off and climb into her blanket with her. She turns back to the wall, probably hoping I would leave her alone. 'Not this time my dear sister' I smile sadly at my thoughts. 

"I know something is wrong, here," I hand her a tissue. 'Don't ask where I got it' She takes it and wipes her red eyes. "now please tell me? I don't like anyone being sad." I frown and pat the bed, silently telling her to sit up. 

She chuckles weakly, "Heh, I-I know you don't Mabel, sorry.."

"You don't have to apologize for being sad, I'm just happy I'm here to make it better!" I try to lighten the mood but to no avail. She sits upright, hopefully ready to talk.

"I miss mom," she whimpers almost inaudibly.

"That's it? Oh Macie, there's nothing wrong with being home sick!" I rub her back, smiling.

"No, it's not that Mabel. I figured it out, I'm dead! That's the only explanation for all of this!" she exclaims, worrying me. "I'll never see mom again." Her eyes start welling up again.

"No! No, no, no, no! Macie you are most certainly not dead! And, of course you'll see mom again, we all will, when we go back home, right after summer's over!" I wipe her eyes, trying to prevent further tears.

"You, you don't get it Mabel! I'm dead and I miss my mom.." She turns away. 'Why her mom? Why is she so focused on being dead? I'm starting to get really worried now..This has got to be her worst nightmare...was it even a nightmare?'

"Hang on Mace, I'll be right back okay? Don't move." I tell her. Seeing her nod yes, I descend down the ladder, hopping over to Dipper's bed.

I start shaking his stiff body. 'Such a heavy sleeper' I sigh, getting annoyed at his sleepy stubbornness. He finally comes to, after a whole 2 minutes of shaking him, "Wha-Mabel? What do you want"? He sluggishly turns to face me, then turns back, seeing that it was only my adorable face.

"Hey!" I turn him back over to me, "I need your help-" 

"It better not be another thing about glitter, I'm trying to sleep." He grabs his blanket back, starting to transition his body back to the wooden wall, when I rudely tug him back.

"Something is wrong with Macie!" I whisper-shout at him, gaining his full attention. Now wide awake Dipper falls out of bed and gets dressed in 3 seconds.

"Is she okay? What happened?" He nervously questions, pulling his vest over his arms.

I quickly shoot down his, probably paranormal, accusations, "No, no, she's fine? I hope.." I look away, tugging the side of my hair. 

"I hope? What does that mean, Mabel? Where is she?" I point to her bed. My brother climbs it, motioning me to follow. I come in tow, sitting on the end of her bed.

Dipper's POV

 I crawl over to my distressed sister, Mabel sitting at the end of her bed, giving me room. "Macie?" I shake her still form, "You alright? What's wrong, Mabel told me you were upset?" I probe her gently. She rolls over, looking at me with her big greenish-brown eyes. She's always had the green in hers, while me and Mabel never had any other color but brown.

"Nothing, go away, please." She pleads and something shatters inside of me hearing that, She sounds so vulnerable and sad.

"We are not leaving until we know what's wrong and how we can help, Mace." I frown, hoping she'll give in to our stubbornness.

"I already told Mabel what was wrong." Her muffled response came through, just barely, her blanket.

"Yes, well, she didn't tell me, so could you please enlighten me?" I clap my hands together.

She sighs deep but sits up. "I'm dead okay?!" She shouts angrily. Me and Mabel both flinch at her sudden outburst but we don't let it prevent us from helping. She reopens her mouth, having me and Mabel stay quiet to hear more. "I-I-I miss mom," she whispers. Confused, I look around the room, spotting her pill bottle.

"Macie, how long has it been since you've, uh, taken your pills?" The topic about her pills are a touchy one, so I try to keep my wording gentle.

Her head snaps up, glaring at me before going back to a sad look and putting her head back down.

She whispers something inaudible.

"What?" 

"5 days."

"5 DAYS!" I accidentally shout, causing her to flinch. Mabel crawls over, grabbing Macie's shoulders. 'This must be why she was acting out in the convenience store, although it was partly my fault she was upset.'

"Macie, you can't do that! Hang on." Mabel trips down the ladder, yelling an 'I'm okay' and grabs her bottle, tossing it up to me. "I'm going to get some juice!" She runs out of the room, forgetting her shoes.

"Macie, sorry I yelled, but you just can't stop taking your pills! They help you, look at you, you are losing it right now!" I motion to her. She starts silently crying again, saying sorry over and over. I pull her close, hugging her tightly.

"You do not have to be sorry, just please tell us when you want to stop taking them ok?" I feel her nod in the crook of my neck. "We'll talk to mom and dad when we get home and try to work it out, but for now, don't do anything like this again ok?" I feel her nod again. Sighing in relief I release her.

"And, about missing mom, I miss her too, don't worry. We'll be home before you know it!" I give her a smile right as Mabel bursts through the door, holding some grape juice that looks like it's about to come out of the cup any moment now with how she's moving.

I guide Macie down her ladder and Mabel hands her the cup. She takes her pills and sits down on Mabel's bed. Mabel sits with her and starts brushing her extremely messy hair. I stand in front of her, wanting to ask just one more question.

"Now, please tell me why you think you're dead?"

"It's nothing anymore, don't worry about it," she mumbles.

"Ok, I'll let you be, but this isn't going unanswered," I finish, sitting on the other side of her. I pick up Mabel's other hair brush and start brushing her other side. Me and Mabel share a glance, while Macie's eyes are closed, promising to talk to each other about this later.

So I have pills that I take and sometimes I don't take them for a long period of time. My mom said I was losing it one time so I got that along with some other inspiration for this chapter. I also have a strong connection with my mom, I always follow her around and I can't stand it when she's gone or I can't see her, or don't know where she is. I also have green eyes, but the twins have brown, I thought this would be a good way to implement my color with theirs. :)

Dont forget to R&R I love reviews and next chapter will be Dipper Vs Manliness!