The Screw Up

Thank you to those who congratulated my sister on her wedding, she appreciated it!

"Aaaaaaand where're you two goin'?" I cross my arms and stare at the twins as they each step one foot out the door.

"Uhhhhhh the cemetery?" Mabel sweat-drops. Dipper nervously and hastily shakes his head.

"Now normally I would believe that as an excuse, but given the circumstance...I now realize it's the episode 'The Love God' sooooo," I wave at them, "proceed."

They high-five and then exit without another word.

*Sigh* 'Whatever am I gonna do with those two?'

~Theme Song~

Shuffling around the shack, bored because the twins didn't even think about inviting me to their little outing, I stop when I hear muffled voices coming from the gift shop. Curiosity peaked, I walk inside.

"You know what Robbie needs? A new girl! Romance is like gum. Once it's lost its flavor, you just cram another one in," Mabel says as I walk up behind her.

"Mabel, that is completely and utterly wrong in so many ways." She jumps when I say this, probably not expecting me to be right behind her.

"Ah! Macie, heh, when- when did you get here?"

"I've been here...?" I glance to Dipper, who nods at Mabel in agreement with my case.

"Yeah, Mabes, it's not that easy," Wendy worries.

"It is if you're the world's greatest matchmaker! I've never had an unhappy customer, like Soos and Melody." She happily gestures to said couple video chatting.

I face palm.

"And then I matched Waddles and Gompers..." I look to where she points to said animals, all dressed up in wedding outfits.

"Aren't those two boys?" I mumble. Dipper snorts and covers his mouth.

"That might work for a goat and a pig, but Robbie's a hopeless case," the lumberjack explains.

I shake my head, making a 'mhmm' sound with each nod. Mabel pouts and holds a pointed finger to her chin.

"Hopeless case, ehhh?"

"Uh-oh, that's her idea face and it's never a good thing..." I wave a hand in front of my sister's eyes, not gaining any kind of response.

"Sorry guys, gottagoscheme-bye!" Before we can say anything else, Mabel takes off, trips on her face, gets up and gives us a toothy smile, then vanishes up the stairs.

"Well that happened," Wendy blatantly states. Dipper and I stand side by side for a moment before he shakes his head, like trying to get rid of some thoughts, and pulls me aside. 'What's he being spazzy about all of a sudden..?'

"Macie, is anything super bad going to happen today? You know how determined Mabel gets!" Dipper bursts as soon as Wendy is away from ear shot.

"And I should tell you, why?" I raise an eyebrow. The boy gets taken aback by my sudden response, probably not thinking he'd get one like this.

"Ah!- Well-uh..." He points his fingers together sheepishly. "For precaution!" he says a little to loudly all of a sudden.

"Mhmm?" I don't buy it. He starts to sweat more. I sigh, "Look, I'm not telling you anything, okay? I decided to just let the series' timeline play itself out, I'm only here for- well, I don't know why I'm here, but I am so I have to deal with this and watch from the sidelines." 'I just went all depressing there and now I'm freaking myself out...'