Puppet Crazy

Behind my right eye aches as I wake up this morning completely disoriented. Groaning, I toss and turn, nothing relieves the pain so I crack open an eye to grab my phone down the side of my bed, where I keep it. 'Please don't be too late...eleven forty seven...greaaat. What episode is it again?'  

Realization setting in, I sit up quickly, disturbing Chat Noir, and then wincing from the aching. "Crap, it's 'Sock Opera'." I get out of bed struggling for a few seconds from my tangled covers, and rush down the ladder. Throwing on my clothes and swinging the door open, I trip downstairs and topple into the kitchen. I brush myself off and look up to see my Grunkle sitting at the table with his fork stilled in mid-air with a piece of waffle hanging off. "Heh, uh, sorry!" I smile and make my way to the fridge.

"So, uh, what's goin' on?" I hear Stan's voice behind my back as I pull out some apple juice.

"Not much," I say as I pour a glass of yellow liquid, "Where's Dipper and Mabel?" 'I have a feeling, but you never know...'

"Left in a rush this mornin' to the library, I dunno." He waves his hand. 'Knew it...'

"Why did they not wake me up and or invite me?" I set the now empty glass into the sink.

"Heck if I know, they left in a hurry carrying a laptop or somethin'," the man says, mouth full of syrupy waffle chunks. I avert my gaze and sigh as I make my way out of the room.

"Thanks anyways, Grunkle Stan," I reply before leaving the kitchen completely. Plopping down onto the yellow chair in the living room, I look around to see anything that might peak my interest. 'Ugh, so bored. Why didn't they wake me? S'not like them to just NOT invite me...'

*SLAM* I jump, startled by the sudden sound of the front door slamming open. "What the flyin'-heck-a-hedron!?" The twins smile sheepishly and while the female bursts upstairs after a small and quick apology, the male stays behind and scoots past me, taking my seat. "Hey! I was sitting there you know- and why didn't you guys wake me up this morning and or invite me to your excursion to the library!?" 

His eyes widen for a second until he lowers his gaze and looks away guiltily. "Well, I was super excited about it, and Mabel was already awake. You seemed really tired from last night, so I thought I should let you sleep," he explains, then looks up with a smile on his face, "But! we are so close to knowing who the author is," he holds up the laptop, "all we need to do is figure out the password. It's eight letters and I borrowed the dictionary from the library, so Mabel's gonna help me later," Dipper rolls his eyes, "after I help her make some puppets, though...want me to fill you in?"

"No need." I hold my hand up, "Anyway, thanks for letting me sleep, I guess...although I don't like waking up late, no matter what time I fall asleep. I don't know why..." I zone out but come back when my brother snaps his fingers in my face, "Sorry." I grin, embarrassed.

"Oh, but I do want your help with the password, if you could help me research and what-not, that'd be great!" He starts opening the laptop and powering it on while I think to myself, 'What's gonna happen if I help him so then he won't get mad at Mabel for bailing and not have Cipher 'help' him? Scratch that, I'm not even making sense to myself...whatever, I'll help anyway.'

"No prob, Bob." 'Well that was the stupidest answer if I've ever given one.'

"Great! Thanks, Macie!" He smiles and returns his view back to the screen. "Hey, do you-"

"DIPPER!!!" Mabel's shriek cuts Dipper off from what he was going to say as he sighs, shuts the lid, stands up, tucks the laptop under his arm, and makes his way upstairs. 

"Gotta go help Mabel, wanna join?" He looks to me like he's completely done with everything.

"Ehhhh, not really but I feel like it'd be super rude if I don't help."  Before he could respond, I change my mind for some reason, "Never mind, I'll help, let's go." I grab the laptop from under him and start walking upstairs, ignoring his complaints about me being clumsy and dropping it. 'I am so not clumsy!' I make sure I stomp the rest of the steps to bug him and or make him more nervous than he already is.