Very Merry Un-Birthday to You!

"I don't know what you guys are playing at, but my name is not Macie. I, hmm," I ponder for a moment, memories flooding in, 'Probably shouldn't have taken that blast, but what else could I have done?!'  "Oh! It was, K-Kat? At least that's what it starts with." I shrug, not knowing why the twins look so taken aback.

"Ma-Kat? No. Macie. Macie is your name, that's what it's always been!" Dipper cries.

"I mean, while that is a cool name, it's not mine... Getting hit by the memory gun has brought back memories, I don't recall not remembering anything..."

"Okay, what did you remember before getting hit by the ray?" Mabel tries a different approach.

"Uh, let's see...just about everything that happened this summer." I state, proud of myself.

Dipper sighs and face palms. "Then how do you not know that we've called you by Macie this entire summer!?"

"Hey! Don't ask me! Ask this universe! It has a weird way of playing things out with me..."

"That's it, the universe! You joining our universe obviously altered some things around."

"Well, yeah, I mean, I can't just appear as your guys's triplet with you not having any earlier memories prior to the bus ride..." Dipper shakes his head at what I said.

"No, I mean, me and Mabel's names have a, I dunno what to call it, a theme? Anyway, Mason, Mabel, Macie, all with the 'a' sound. Obviously for you to be our triplet, you'd have to have a different name so it's not out of place or weird."

"I mean, that does make some sense..." I think to myself, trying to remember something... anything.

"So, what is your real name, then?" Mabel grins with curiosity.

"Kat-something. It's all fuzzy, but I remember my siblings having their names start with a 'K' as well. Come to think of it, the universe DID change my bio all around... I remember having a dad- no wait- just a mom."

"Yeah! You said you were on a trip with her in Hollywood when you guys crashed or something, blacking out and you waking up on the bus." Mabel points to the sky.

"Oh! Ow, owww," I clutch my head. 'Why is it throbbing all of a sudden?'

"What, what's wrong?!" Dipper panics. I chuckle and hold a hand out to stop his attempts of getting close.

"Nothing, my head really hurts suddenly, though."

"Must be the memories returning and it's a side effect? Most likely," Dipper concludes.

"Anyway," I wince through my pain, "I remember that story, me and my mom in Hollywood, but what I remember NOW is that we were in Seattle, not California. Plus, my sister was with me."

"I thought you didn't have any siblings?" I turn to Mabel's gaze.

"Yeah, I thought I didn't... Oh why does this universe have to mess up my whole life?!" I shout into the heavens.

"It- uh, well, I want to make you feel better, but I don't know what to say..." Mabel frowns.

"Thanks, Mabel, just knowing that you wanted to try is nice to know." I give her a sad smile.

"Macie, er, Kat?" Dipper starts and the blushes in embarrassment.

"I mean, Macie will have to work, right? Soos, Wendy and everyone else will expect my name to be Macie."

"Right," Dipper coughs into a fist, "It's just, y'know, weird to say now, let alone hear.."

"Eh, just say what you want to say."