Wake Me Up Inside

It's like, one in the morning and I'm still not asleep! Reading fan fiction, I try my hardest to ignore the bright blue light seeping through every crack of the floorboards, not to mention the rumbling revving sounds. 'Ugh, Stan's futuristic machinery plus blue lights does not equal white noise...who can sleep to this?! Not me that's who...' I sigh and sit up, blearily looking down to Dipper on his bed. His chest rises slowly and descends slower. His even breathing leads me to believe he is in a deep sleep. Peering to the end of my bed, Chat Noir seems to be in a deep sleep as well.

Today is the day we have a party to celebrate the defeat of Li'l Gideon. Today is also the day we almost die by zombies...Yeah, that'll be great! I hope you noted my sarcasm.

'Ugh, this story is poorly written...' I erase the abomination from my folder and go to search for a new one to read, barely keeping my eyes open. The azure light finally disappears, so I blink my eyes a few times to make sure they're not playing tricks on me. Soon enough, the vibrating stops as well as the noise that went along with it. Peace and quiet. 'FINALLY!'

I throw my arms into the air in a silent victory cheer and then let them fall limp, generating a large thud on the covers and spooking Chat. I giggle and loll my head, lastly falling into slumber.

~~Time Skip brought to you by: My daily night routine ^ (Minus the blue light and futuristic machinery, of course!)~~

"Macie, Dipper, Dipper, Macie, Macie, Macie, DIPPERRR!!!" Mabel repeats over and over, shaking me in my blankets.

"Whaaaaat!?" I groan, peaking an eye open through my fuzzy covers.

"Yes, Mabel, I would prefer not to be woken up at," I hear Dipper stop and shuffle around, then he finishes with a moan, "eight thirty in the morning!"

"Ugh, Mabel, seriously? Latest I ever got up at was, like, one or something..." I furrow my eyebrows after finishing that sentence to ponder my life choices.

"Yes, seriously!" When the two of us don't respond with any movement, Mabel groans, "Oh c'mon guys! Today is the day we're going to have a party to celebrate!"

"I don't like parties..." Through my small window of vision, I see my over enthusiastic sister roll her eyes.

"Oh, but you will!" She tilts her body and points at my scrunched up face, her other hand on her hip. "This party if gonna be off the chain! There's gonna be black light, snacks, and, *Gasp* KARAOKE!"

"I did karaoke last party," I state, bluntly.

"Dippeeerr! Tell Macie to stop being boring!" Mabel hops onto Dipper's bed by her knees and roughly shakes him until he literally falls out of bed.

"Oof! Mabel!" The boy stands up quickly and glares at his twin. "And anyway, in my opinion, I think this party will be great! Maybe I'll actually do something with Wendy..." Dipper trails off.

"Hah! See, Macie? Even Dipper agrees that this party is going to be amazing!" Rolling my eyes, I turn around, still lying down, and laugh at her offended gasp. "Well, who cares! Come on Dipper! Let's go meet Grunkle Stan downstairs with the townsfolk!" The girl's voice gets quieter as she, presumably, runs down the hall way.

"Welp, best not to keep her waiting..." Dipper laughs.

"Nope, bye," I reply, not moving.

"Ugh, fine. But you owe me!" 

"You're the one who's excited for this party as much as Mabel."

The last words, or sounds, that come from my brother's mouth are tired grumbles as he, too, descends downstairs to join the others.