7. Fight, Fight, Fight

5 days. 5 days since Anthony saw me breaking in front of his family's eyes.

Friday was soon over and I only needed to deliver a book at the library. I would still peek around corners to make sure I didn't run into him. I had only seen him once and I tucked my tail between my legs and ran for my life.

"Hello, Mr. Smith," I greeted the librarian, who graded books. He looked up and his tired eyes meet mine.

"Nina. You came to deliver something?" he asked, proceeding with his work.

I smiled, "yes, I am." I laid down the book in front of him. His eyes scanned over the title and his huge lips curved up in a small smile.

"Biotechnology?" He looked up at me, lifting his bushy eyebrow.

I giggled and nodded. "Yes, I ain't quite sure what I want yet, so it is best to just know it all."

"You are one hell of a different girl," he said laughing and put the book away. I frowned.

You are one hell of a different girl.

Anthony had said the same thing only a week ago. Why am I even thinking about him? He is a jerk. An idiot. An evil monster. I sighed and dropped my head.

"You okay?" Mr. Smith asked, tilting his head.

"Yeah," I answered half-heartedly. "See ya, Mr. Smith." I left the room with a waving hand.

I held my books close into my body. Someone ran past me on the way out. They were all so excited about something out front.

I opened the door. People stood in a large circle, throwing fist up in the air while roaring battle screams. A cry of pain ran through the air and reached my ears as my mouth opened wide. I could just see the scene between peoples bodies.

Anthony held a way smaller boy, a Freshman, by the collar of his shirt. Blood had already stained his shirt, together with Anthony's folded hand. Anthony's face was unreadable in that second, no fear, no invitational smirk. 

I pushed my way to the front of the crowd. "Stop," the guy said, his breathing ragged. "Please." Anthony's eyes shut fire. Usually, he would just look bored by now, but there was a reason he had attacked. He threw the guy down on the ground and looked up at the crowd.

"Anyone else who has something to say?" he roared, turning around and facing everyone in the crowd. My eyes shut down on the ground remaining there as his eyes passed by me. "I thought so." With that, he swayed his way between the scared humans, who looked dumb-folded at the guy remaining on the ground. Nathan and Samuel soon followed after them, yelling for him to wait for them. 

I bit my lip hard, holding my hands into my chest. Whispers. They filled the parking lot; however, none of them reached my ears.

I took a step forward. They were looking but I didn't care. I ran away from them, bumping into a few on my way, who had swayed back by my simple touch. The bushes came into a view faster than usually and soon I had jumped, like a rabbit, through the bushes and ran across the street.

My bad condition had caught up with me, so I stopped to rest. My hands found my knees and I bowed down. I searched after my breath but I couldn't seem to find it. My chest rose in a lousy speed as my mouth was wide open, breathing in thick air. My arms trembled as my eyes looked up and got a glimpse of a fancy black car.

It came to a hold right in front of me and even though I had a huge oxygen need I held my breath. His tense body stood in front of me and looked down at me. 

Something flashed beneath the surface of his hardened expression and I hurried to investigate the sudden shift. It was too late, the flicker of emotion had already drifted away with the light wind. I couldn't identify it any longer. It was like reaching for an escaped balloon; impossible.