27. Talking Plus Talking

I sat leaned up against my bedroom door and listened to my mom and dad's harsh words while reading my brothers letters.

One thing made me uncomfortable, the other angry and the last sad. Not a really good combination, but it pretty much summoned up my life.

It still felt like Monday though no matter how hard I banged on my computer screen, it still said Saturday. And that's not even the worse part. I have no idea how I managed school and work this whole week and most importantly, how I managed to avoid Anthony.

He was like vanished from the earth, I didn't even hear his name. He has vanished into the picture perfect world he came from and probably forgotten all about me. My room had for about five days ago been filled with his mint scent, but now it had turned to nothing.

Though I didn't want to admit it, when I was with him, the pain went away and I was grateful, even if it just was for a little amount of time.

I glanced down at the picture by my feet, two young faces smiled to me, their bodies pressed close together. At that time, my brother ate food like a starving man and spent much of his time in the gym with his friends. He was my friendly nemesis, always poking fun at me. But would still make sure to pull me up again when I fell. That was what brothers were for. Worst enemy and best friend all in one package.

I sighed deeply, my eyes becoming glazed with a glassy layer of tears. They dripped down from my eyelashes and glided down my cheeks until they collided with the floor. I bit my lip tightly to comprehend any sound from escaping my mouth. 

As I child I had been sitting like this while watching the kids on the playground. I didn't even have any friends back then and sadness was a good word to describe those moments. Though my brother had been there and my parents were loving, something still missed; a love neither of them could give.  

I curled the letter between my fingers, wrinkling all its words. I hesitated before throwing it across the room. It hit the wall and lazily fell down on the ground and bounced a back towards me. 

My computer sat on the floor close to me. I had tried to write something, but my mind where blocked and no words escaped my fingertips. I reached for it and placed it on my lap. I shifted to a more comfortable position and laid my fingers on the keyboard with a sigh. 

I knew it would make no sense to try to write, so instead, I scrolled through and read it all over. 

My thumbs went up and down my screen, while the other dried away tears there had stained my cheeks. My eyes glanced over a sentence I knew I hadn't written and I stopped. 

Don't you feel lonely living in your own little world? - Anthony

I sat, reading I over and over, just to be sure I wasn't imagining anything. 

He had really written something in my book and off some weird reason it opened up my mind and gave me a whole new idea.

I shook my head. "It's better than your perfect one," I whispered and laid my fingers on the keyboard again and began to write my mind and feelings. Word after word popped up on my screen and unfolded something stunning which Anthony had started. 

I raised from the floor and looked down at my laptop. Darkness had surrounded my room and crept inside from the windows. I looked out, a street lamp reflected in my window and the road not long from here where humanless. 

The harsh words and shattering had stopped and I dared to walk out my door and down the stairs, where my mother and father stood standing face to face, none of them spoke a single word. Before they could see me, I swung my body behind the wall and clung to it.