25. Meeting The Parents

We stood as statues, looking directly at Anthony in front of us. Anthony's smirk turned into a smile as he moved his hand closer. My father glanced at it, before slowly taking it in his. "You are one of those Martinez boys, am I right?"

Anthony gulped as he pulled his hand back. "Yes, I'm Anthony Martinez. Got a problem?" he asked and stepped closer. He probably smelt the alcohol, 'cause he stepped back again and glanced confused over at me.

"Not at all," me father lied and moved away from the door so Anthony could walk inside. "Come in."

Anthony walked inside and past me, glancing around the room and gently taking off his shoes, leaving him in his white Nike shocks. His glabrous skin gleamed in the yellow light as he once again ran a hand through his hair. I couldn't deny he always looked toothsome when he moved his body. 

He would be a fruition to every woman. 

We walked further into our bourgeois house. Anthony studied every corner and inch, touching the wall. 

"Who's here?" my mother asked as she came walking in from the kitchen and stopped in her tracks as she looked at Anthony. "Why are you in my house?"

I took a step back from my father as he took a step towards my mother. Anthony glanced at my dad to my mom, while scratching his neck. 

"I did," my father said and smiled. "He's one of Nina's friends."

"One of Nina's friends? I thought she didn't have any." Her eyes trailed over at me, which only got me to hide behind my father, which was really rare. "Well, welcome Mr. Martinez."

She turned around as Anthony held his hand out for her to shake. Anthony widened his eyes, but hid his surprise briskly and tucked his hand back in his pocket before joining my side as we wandered into the kitchen behind my parents.

"Sorry, Mrs. Watson, but you really don't have to call me Mr. Martinez," Anthony said beside me as I watched my parents sit beside each other at the dining table. My father had fetched a bottle and was about to drain it when Mother slapped him.

I silently retired to the wall behind me and hid my face in my shirt.

"I prefer to call you Mr. Martinez, so I'll stick with that," she said coldly and leaned back in her seat with crossed arms. "Now, what can I help you with?"

Anthony shook his head and took a quick breath before letting one of his arms slide up from his pocket and over his body to hold around his other arm. "I actually came to ask Nina about something."

My father drained his beer in one slurp and threw it over in the sink. "Then ask and leave." My father leaned back with crossed arms as my mother and in that moment they actually looked like a family.

I couldn't see Anthony's expression or hear his thoughts, but none of them could have been any good. My face slowly got buried deeper and deeper in my shirt and sweat formed in my small palms.

"Uhm... okay." Anthony turned towards me and a pair of confused eyes met mine. "Can we talk in private? Maybe your room?"

My previous movements stopped and my head slowly raised from underneath my shirt. I pointed at my own chest, "my room?"

Anthony smiled. "Yes, your room."

I peeked over his shoulder and over at my parents whom looked everything but pleased, but still didn't say anything.

I drew in a deep breath and let my gaze drop to the floor. "Okay, follow me." I turned around before he could answer and stalked towards my room on the first floor. I could hear his footsteps behind me. They were heavy, but not overweight heavy, just manly heavy. His eyes tore into my neck and the temptation to turn around and look at him lure in the back of my mind.