52. Mommy And Daddy

The prison looked exactly as how I remembered it, only a slight smell of iron had found its way to the atmosphere in the room. I looked at them both, they were dead silent and stared directly at me. I had my computer under my arm and my two brothers behind me, ready for a fight for dominance. 

I took a step forward and sat down in a chair. I placed my computer on my lap and turned it on. My father's eyes watched me curiously, nodding his head at my movements. "The whole family gathered, alone, who would ever think that would happen." My father let his eyes slide up to Antonio. "Hello, Mason, you have grown a lot since I last saw you." 

I glanced back at Antonio who flinched at my father's words and kept silent though he was covered in emotions from head to toe. "Look at me, father," I told him with strong words, keeping up my walls, for now. 

He laughed at my words and looked over at Mother. "Can you see this?" He shifted his eyes to me. "Our daughter has finally grown up." He laughed once again and beside me, I could bearly see my mother forcing a smile for her so-called beloved husband. 

"She has," she added, her robotic voice cutting through me. 

I opened up a document and drew in a breath. I looked at both of them. "Mommy, Daddy don't you know that you lost your daughter years ago?"  

They were both silents after that, exactly as I wanted them to be. It was their time to listen. "I wrote this long ago, but I think it's time for you to hear it. It's time for me to tell you most of all." 

"Well, we're listening, child." 

I gulped and shifted my eyes to the first words. "Dad, I know you are a troubled man, but's that not the reason that I am going to say thank you. To be honest, I don't understand, because you were the worst dad a daughter could wish for. You left me alone in a big, big world and started a never-ending war inside of me. An endless thought of why I wasn't enough. I was your daughter after all. I am still hurt and the scars on my body reflect that pain, but they also reflect strength. I survived and that's a victory in itself. I may not have lived, but I survived. 

You know, I always wished you the best and hoped that one day you would lay down the bottle and let your fists hang by your side. I even prayed countless of times. I hope you get a second chance somewhere else than here, 'cause I still love you even though I hate you. 

You're a hopeless man and you'll probably not take any of this to your heart, which is also the reason that I have chosen not to let this be for you, but for me. You don't love mommy, you don't love Liam, you don't love Mason and you defiantly don't love me and I can't forgive you for that. I'm sorry, but this will be the last time we'll ever speak. The last time you'll see your children and the last time someone honestly will tell you how they feel. 

This world is filled with fake people and I'll refuse to be one of them anymore. Please don't do anything to hurt anyone anymore. For the love of a daughter, please don't grow madder than you already are." 

I closed my computer, looking into the same eyes as I had owned. I stood from the chair and tucked my computer under my arm. Behind me, Liam and Antonio had already left the room, leaving me and my parents alone. 

I turned my back to my father, breathing out the breath I had held in and allowed the last tear for my father to glide down my cheeks and make me sparkle in the dim light. My heart was gunning and I knew he was the reason and it was the last time he would ever be the reason for everything. 

"You really are a little me." I stopped. My father's words had been calm and filled with something strange.

"What?" I asked and turned towards him, seeing my mother creeping closer.